The Performance Engineer within Product Line Steam Engineering Organization will prepare technical design proposals for steam turbine upgrade and retrofit projects. This shall include thermodynamic steam path design and steam power plant thermodynamic cycle modelling, with necessary supporting documentation and risk assessment to determine performance guarantees.
* Thermodynamic design and specification of steam path designs for reaction technology turbine upgrade and retrofit projects in support of contract execution.
* Steam power plant thermal cycle modelling (contract execution).
* Analysis of customer specifications (RFQs) and plant operational data to ensure compliance and/or appropriate exception in Tender proposals.
* Attendance and presentation at internal and external design meetings in support of tender preparation and contract execution.
Required Skills (Technical Competency):
* Understanding of thermodynamics principles, steam power plant thermal cycles and thermodynamic design of steam turbines.
* Experience of modelling and interpretation of heat balance diagrams.
* General product knowledge of Steam Turbines.
* Capable of providing concise technical direction.
* Able to make qualified technical decisions, based on available data.
* Flexibility to travel to other locations.
* Good Communication in English (oral & written) & Interpersonal skills
* Customer Focus - Ability to build and develop Customer & Supplier relationships
* Organisational Agility
* Problem solving ability
* Logical Thinking
* Effective Time management
* Result driven