Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company that improves the quality and efficiency of essential services that matter to millions of people around the world. The work we do for national and local governments involves us in the most important areas of public service, including health, education, transport, science and defence.
Hawarden Airport is part of the Airbus Broughton Production Site. The Airport is primarily used for shipping of large wing components to and from the other Airbus manufacturing facilities, together with staff communication flights. The airport is also extensively used by Marshall Aerospace and Aviation Park Group.
We are currently seeking a Part Time Manoeuvring Area Safety Officer, on a 6 Month Fixed Term Contract, to join the current team reporting to the Senior Airfield Safety and Training Officer. This role will entail providing Airfield safety service to the customer aerodrome team. This is a part time position, whereby the successful applicant will work 2 full days per week, for which there is flexibility on which days, assessed on a case by case basis.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
* Provide Aerodrome surface and lighting inspections.
* Carry out and record audits on aerodrome activities.
* Manage Aerodrome Works in Progress.
* Maintain a daily duty log
* Provide outside areas patrol and record the findings weekly.
* Provide an escort service to aerodrome visitors
* Provide Aerodrome familiarisation training.
* Manage the Aerodrome Safety Caution scheme and the relevant databases.
* Produce reports, records and statistics for Aerodrome Management
* To undertake this role, the MASO must have a flexible approach and the ability to work in a small, highly motivated team. The candidate should be a proactive, customer-focussed team player, who is proficient in oral and written communication.
* Provide reactive Wildlife control duties and maintain the relevant licences
* Liaise with Aerodrome Authority, RFFS and based operators.
* Attendance and participation in operational and safety meetings.
* Any other duties as required by the SASTO/Contract Manager or Aerodrome manager.
Responsibilities will vary according to the requirements of the business. Certain elements of training may involve travel to external training establishments within the UK for varying periods of time.
Qualifications and experience required:
* Minimum ICAO Level 4 English language.
* Full current driving licence.
* Shotgun licence - desirable
* Previous operational experience would be an advantage.
* Proficiency in the use of radiotelephony equipment - desirable
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team onas soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.