3 months ago
Over 175 years ago, our founder Thomas Cook began this company with a vision to ‘broaden the mind of others and break down the partition walls of prejudice.'
Once describing himself as ‘the willing and devoted servant of the travelling public,’ Thomas Cook was a true pioneer of the travel industry, opening up a world of new destinations and new travel experiences to everyone. By obtaining the best services and prices for his customers, he laid the foundations of the company that still bears his name today.
Thomas Cook is now one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, supported by around 22,000 colleagues and operating from 15 countries.
Our vision today remains true to Thomas Cook’s ambitions - to be the world’s most loved holiday company.
Working Hours: 37.5
Job Purpose: To help facilitate and manage the GMO Part 145 and any external training requirements
* Effective management, development of the Training Programme
* To provide leadership and management control of the UK training organisations activities
* Operating an effective, efficient group structure
* Handling disciplinary meetings, grievances and informal disputes with guidance from HR
* Monitor training and development programs.
* Maintain and develop a coordinated engagement and working relationship with other training providers, professional training bodies and internal stakeholders.
* Responsible to the Group Technical Training Manager to help ensure the training organisation remains in compliance with EASA Part 145 regulations.
* Ensuring Training procedures are up to date and effective
* Ensure regulatory change, NPA’s & Discussions relating to training are reviewed and appropriate changes made to company procedures.
* The preparation and control of the training budget linked to Groups strategic objectives
* Professional oversight of GMO Apprentices
* Continued development of the group training capability to become a third party training provider and revenue generator.
* Focal point of contact for executives and employees with regard to all training, further education and development measures
Key Performance Indicators
* Classroom feedback scores
* Personal Development target attainment
* Help the group remain within the confines of spend within budget targets
* All non-conformances and safety reports against the group training departments are answered promptly and effectively
* Training material kept up-to-date with recent developments and experiences.
Capabilities Profile – technical skills/knowledge, experience & track record.
* Confident with strong communication, negotiation and People Management skills, with an ability to manage stakeholders, customers and suppliers, often in difficult circumstances
* Confident decision-maker with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
* Flexibility with regards to working hours and responsibilities.
* Excellent communication and instructional skills.
* The ability to work on own initiative within a team environment
* Excellent inter-personal, organisational and administrative skills.
* Attention to detail, analytical and patient approach.
* Recognised IT Presentation/Creation accreditation
* Aircraft maintenance exposure
* EASA B1/B2 Licence
* Degree Educated
Qualifications, Training, Professional Memberships or Accreditations
* Excellent IT and administration skills with the ability to produce training material and procedures.
* Detailed working knowledge of EASA Part 145, 147 and 66 requirements.
* Proven relevant experience.
* An experienced supervisory/ managerial background
Direct reports: UK Apprentices
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.