This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to build a first class team delivering top quality painting on aircraft, helicopters and components. You will be an integral part of a globally respected company with a reputation for delivering the highest quality of service.
Reports to: Accountable Manager
Reporting lines: All paint shop personnel
Key Relationships: Base Maintenance Managers, Commercial Planners, customers, suppliers.
Job Purpose: To deliver high quality aircraft and component painting to schedule and on budget.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Ensure that both you and any staff under your supervision comply with all procedures detailed within the GAEL Maintenance Organisation Exposition.
- To develop and ensure that both you and any staff under your oversight comply with all company health and safety policies, procedures and COSHH requirements.
- Comply with all procedures listed in the current Staff Company Handbook.
- Planning of painting inputs in conjunction with company engineering support teams.
- The surface preparation and application of paint to the highest standard and to scheme with a high degree of accuracy.
- Liaise with engineers on-site for the planning and scheduling of tasks requiring certification.
- Oversee recruitment, training needs and development of paint shop staff to meet the needs of the business.
- Act as primary point of contact for prospective enquires for painting services.
- Respond to all audit findings that relate to paint shop work
- Commercially review all active work and respond to potential over-runs and unforeseen additional costs.
- Any other duties commensurate with your position.
- Manage priorities in a busy working environment, and follow a given production schedule.
- Provide advice as a subject matter expert with intimate understanding of materials and application.
- Team Worker that has the ability to fully interact with other team members.
- In depth understanding and application of manufacturers and state of registration requirements for the painting of aircraft.
- Personally skilled in the preparation and application of top quality, durable paint schemes.
Based at: Oxford Airport (with occasional travel)
Hours of Work: Full-time, 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
Salary circa £45,000 - Salary is commensurate with the position and experience and such other duties that will be agreed between the employee and employer from time to time
Company Benefits include: Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Travel Insurance, Group Health Scheme, 20 days annual leave + Bank Holidays