Oaklands Global is working with a leading UK based MRO specialising within Business Aviation and we are assisting within the recruitment of an Operations Manager to join this prestigious and well-respected organisation
In your role as Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the maintenance operations, specifically managing the maintenance staff, planning department and material management.
You will be a member of the management team and you will act on behalf of the Accountable Manager during absence.
The mains responsibilities of the position will be to;
- Ensure the functions of the Maintenance, Planning and Materials Departments
- Assist in the development of strategic plans to support new programs and capabilities based on analysis of market trends
- Pre-plan, develop and maintain the production schedule (hangar and AOG)
- Be the interface with customer representatives and coordinate customer communication activities
- Ensure satisfactory completion and certification of all work required by operators/customers in accordance with the work specification (e.g. Work Order, Bombardier procedures, standards and approved MOE procedures), as well as customer quality expectations
- Maintain compliance with all Health & Safety guidelines and environmental laws
- Ensure sub-contracted orders are correctly detailed and that the requirements of the contract/order are fulfilled in respect of inspection and quality control
- Approve payment of vendor’s or supplier’s invoices for services or supplies required by Maintenance Department or Planning
The ideal candidate will have a wealth of experience in performing aircraft maintenance along with excellent supervisory/ management experience along with;
- An EASA Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance License or equivalent or a Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering.
- Knowledge and experience of EASA Regulations, Part 145 and any other relevant regulations needed to ensure the operation
- Financial skills with the ability to read and interpret profit/loss statements, financial reports, and meet BSC objectives for assigned area and programs
- You have working knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety rules, Human Factors, Human performance/-limitations, and regulations as they apply to safety and environmental aspects of aircraft maintenance operations
- You have presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade, and/or facilitate discussions with customers and all levels of management
- You have research and analytical skills necessary to collect, analyse, and interpret survey data, customer behaviours, and general trends within the applicable aircraft market
- You have resource management and production planning skills
- You poses planning and organizational skills necessary to prioritize, assign, and coordinate workload of assigned area and employees within a multiple project setting
- You have strong leadership skills necessary to make decisions with sound judgment, train and mentor employees for improved performance, coordinate activities of multiple departments, and guide day-to-day operations successfully
Apply now as this position wont be around for long!
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to James Townsend in confidence.
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contact within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered