Line Up Aviation is a world leader in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace professionals and has been operating for more than 29 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the very highest standard of applicants.
My client is one of the worlds’ largest independent providers of technical services in civil aviation. The company provides maintenance services for aircraft, components and engines.
The Operations Manager will lead the operations of the MRO and support in the long term growth of the Malta operations. Reporting to the General Manger, the Operations Manager will have primary daily responsibility for the production and support shops workforce, facilities, operational and business objectives. Responsibilities include strategic and operational planning for the Malta hangars, including operational performance and post job analysis, planning and execution, continuous improvement, the optimal use of resources and leadership. The incumbent needs to provide input and feedback on all operations, processes and results to the General Manager.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance operations to ensure the highest level of efficiency, quality, and on-time delivery is maintained at all times;
- Develops a strategy that outlines the capacity planning requirements, including facilities, equipment and staff, to meet the current and anticipated growth goals of the Company;
- Monitor the coordination and scheduling of the necessary human resources for production and shop, ensuring resources utilization is maximized to meet customer service delivery requirements;
- Ensuring that all work is performed to the highest mechanical and cosmetic standards, the position will involve working with internal team members, outside vendors and suppliers.
- Setting department objectives, assigning projects, and evaluating work for content and conformity with the company requirements;
- Engage with the General Manager to manage slotting and storage layout for optimum efficiency;
- Coordinate scheduled and unscheduled maintenance work assignments;
- Maintain documented procedures for work processes;
- Provide clear expectations on metrics and goals to all stakeholders;
- Understand and use financial indicators/metrics and profits and losses to measure the performance of business;
- Maintain compliance with all legislative and internal health and safety rules and regulations, legal regulations and human resource policies;
- Ensure safety and security of staff, facility, equipment, and inventory, ensuring compliance with processes and procedures to maintain accurate inventory levels;
- Promote the growth and development of team members by providing effective mentoring and coaching, monitoring and evaluating of team members’ performance;
- Engage with the Quality & Training unit to develop training material and plans to increase organizational awareness of the goals, cause and effect and methods of the company;
- Maintaining internal policies and procedures, monitoring their effectiveness, and making recommendations for their improvement;
- Responsible for the management and completion of root cause analysis processes that might arise from incidents and episodes of non-conformance which involve staff members;
- Ensure that a satisfactory level of 5S is maintained at all times in all areas of operations;
- Organize operations teams for investigation of incidents and to establish root cause analyses;
- Maintain knowledge and familiarity of regulatory processes and systems;
- Implement and sustain the continuous improvement initiatives;
- Review and prioritize production workload and adjust as needed;
- Implement and manage KPI’s for business, support shop and bay managers;
- Follow and/or set work priorities to meet production goals as scheduled;
- Perform other duties commensurate with the role.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have at least 5 years of experience in the aviation MRO industry ideally in a management position;
- Be a licensed B1 and/or B2 and holder of a C license;
- Have had previous experience in a senior management role;
- Ideally have experience in lean management and or Six Sigma certification;
- Have the ability to motivate, mentor and challenge team members;
- Be organized and results oriented;
- Possess exceptional customer focus;
- Have strong communication and presentation skills.
Having an A320 FAM (CFM56 and V2500) type rating and a Boeing B737NG-600/700/800/900 type rating would be considered an asset.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”