Due to the continued success of our Company on a global basis, we are seeking to grow our team of experienced and talented Operations Controllers. Be a part of the team that delivers safe, efficient and timely aircraft services to our clients. Providing operational support to our European fleet as well as the US, Switzerland and UAE. Aircraft range from Beechcraft King Air to Boeing Business Jets with every level in between. In addition, we operate a fleet of King Air 200C and Eurocopter EC135T2 Air Ambulance aircraft in Scotland, carrying out HEMS and patient transfer on behalf of the Scottish Ambulance Service.
As Operations Controller you will have principal accountabilities for the following:
- The efficient processing and planning of Company aircraft operations in accordance with statutory requirements and Company policy as defined in the OM
- Responsible for the supervision of Operations Assistants and other persons who may be employed in the Operations room
- Utilising the manuals and publications within the Company’s operations library:
- UK Air Pilot
- AIC (Aeronautical Information Circulars)
- ANO (Air Navigation Orders) and Regulations
- Company Operations Manuals
- Aeronautical Charts
- Assisting the Duty Operations Managers and Shift Supervisors with aircrew scheduling in conjunction with relevant Business Manager and Fleet Captains
- Close liaison as required with the Engineering Department and maintenance organisations regarding aircraft serviceability
- Processing pilot duty and rest records in accordance with instructions as defined in the Operations Manual and Operations Procedure Manual.
- Assisting the Managerial team with activating Operational Procedures, for example, Emergency Response Plans, Flight Watch and Overdue Aircraft Programmes where applicable. These procedures form part of the Company’s Safety and Quality Management Manual
- Preparation and monitoring the validity of operations with regards to:
- Crew flight briefs
- Operational Flight plans, including airfield performance and airfield categorisation
- Flight Time Limitations (FTL) schemes
- To take responsibility for the daily workload and standards of the section of the operations team reporting to the Controllers position
- Follow, and provide positive feedback on, operations procedures that are introduced by the management team
- Assist the managerial team in ensuring staff are trained to the same standard, and assisting with coaching, developing and training staff as required.
- Taking part in at least one emergency procedure practice annually
- Actioning FTL compliance by implementation of daily crew duty checks and entry of planned pilot movements onto Airops aviation software system
- Review on a regular basis Operations notices and signing that they have been read until changes are included in the Operations Procedures Manual
- Assist the managerial team in investigating and complaints or deficiencies relating to the Operations department, responding accordingly and promptly, and to provide feedback on issues which arise during the normal course of operations
Skills and Experience:
- Significant proven operational experience (minimum 18 months), ideally gained within a Business Aviation environment.
- Sound knowledge and understanding on national and international aviation regulations and the effect on day to day operational requirements.
- Full working experience of Jeppesen systems
- Ideally, experience in a similar role within a similar organisation, together with the ability to deal with complex operational issues inherent to a fast moving environment.
- Excellent communication skills with a range of audiences, including senior management, board members and VVIP clients
- Experience of forming and maintaining working relationships across professional and operational boundaries
- Experience of working in teams, including influencing colleagues into delivering consistently high standards
- Experience of continued personal development, including ongoing training and mentoring to promote a cohesive team atmosphere and enjoyable working conditions
Enthusiasm for continually seeking better performance from leading by example
Patience and ability to deal with challenges, whilst at the same time extracting the highest standards from your team.
This position is based at Farnborough Airport – successful applicant will be required to work 12 hour shifts including days, nights, weekends and public holidays and as such, should live within a suitable distance to ensure they are sufficiently rested for their duties.
Salary is up to £28,000 dependent on experience and all additional Company benefits such as Private Medical and Pension apply. Excellent opportunity for promotion through the department.
All staff must hold a valid UK driving licence and own their own vehicle and successful candidates will be subject to security checks.