Our Operations Control Centre Team is operational 24 hours a day and performs all functions required to ensure a safe and punctual schedule that meets our customer's expectations. Working closely with other departments and third party suppliers, the OCC manages the daily flying programme of 1600 sectors by monitoring, pre-empting and reacting to 'on-the-day' operational occurrences.
We have a new opportunity for a proactive, resilient and enthusiastic Operations Communications Officer to work closely with the Operations Officers to ensure that we deliver the highest possible service levels for our passengers. In this role you will ensure that our passengers are flown on a network that is deemed to be safe, efficient, consistent and to the highest possible service standard with lowest possible disruption. You will have responsibility for the direct control of all operational communications and assist with the information flow in to and out of the Operations Control area whilst ensuring that levels of excellence are achieved in all aspects of OCC & Network Operations Communications.
As the Operations Communications Officer you will be responsible for ensuring that vital lines of communication are maintained with all OCC's internal and external agencies and service providers. You need to be able to make important decisions under pressure whilst remaining focused in providing the Operations Officers with pertinent information to allow decision making to be made which will minimise disruption, ensure passenger welfare, cost optimisation and limit the knock-on network effects.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience or knowledge of working within commercial airline operations
- Knowledge of the AIMS Operations Management System (Desirable)
- Airline meteorology and geographical awareness
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Customer focussed
- Team worker, adaptable and flexible attitude to respond to changing demands and timescales
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Ability to work effectively and deliver results in a pressurised environment
- Good financial awareness and understanding of the safety and operational drivers within a dynamic, cost focussed business
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work in a team that strives for continuous improvement
- High degree of personal / professional flexibility (12hr shift pattern)
- High degree of computer literacy, with experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications
We want to inspire a whole generation to say 'yes' to new opportunities. To strike a chord with people who have the energy and passion to experience the world around them. People who don't just wait around for things to happen. We're as high-performing and fast-growing as businesses come. Our people are at the heart of our success, and we love sharing it with them. Travel perks, individually tailored benefits, packages linked to both your and the company's performance - you'll enjoy it all here. Not to mention the fantastic opportunity to drive your own development, all while sharing in our amazing success. It really is a career like no other.