A new position has been created within Storm Aviation to assist with the integration of new staff and deliver on-aircraft training.
The candidate will be an experienced certifier, with on-aircraft teaching experience and have a real drive and passion for delivering complex technical subjects in an easily digestible manner, while ensuring that the aircraft maintenance performed under training is completed in accordance with Part-145 and approved procedures. A start-to-finish attitude is essential for producing fit for business engineers, ready for industry, both internally and externally.
Reporting to the Head of Training, the candidate will assist with the planning and delivery of induction training at our head office based at London Stansted (STN) and as an On-Job Training (OJT) Supervisor at London Gatwick (LGW). Some shift working including nights is necessary, and some travel to our other UK stations may be required, but the successful candidate will have scope for flexibility (as required by the start date of trainees and maintenance plan of the aircraft).
The candidate will have prior teaching experience, however specific additional training will be given to the right person.
Salary will be between 40-52K per annum dependent on experience and knowledge.
- EASA B1.1 Part-66 licence with A320 Family CFM56/V2500
- Training experience with A320 is an essential requirement
- Extensive certifying, supervising and oversight experience
- Ability to hold airport security passes
- Role model for engineering, oversight and aircraft maintenance husbandry
- Foundation of Instructional Techniques course (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of the training aspects of Part-145, 66 and 147
- Good communication skills with the ability to listen effectively
- Effective credibility with the ability to engage with all types of people
- Flexibility, with a strong will to maintain standards well within compliance
- Engaging, with the skills to inspire the next generation of aircraft engineers
- Assessment skills with the ability to spot trainee weaknesses/areas of improvement and suggest a plan of action early
- Strong knowledge of supporting training requirements (CT, HF,H&S, SFAR 88, EWIS, ETOPS and any other applicable subjects)
- Working knowledge of Office programmes (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Reports to Head of Training and liaises with Head of Engineering & Maintenance with regards to the training programme
- Assist creation/updating/ of initial 'On-boarding' training using Storm Aviation templates
- Planning and delivery of initial 'On-boarding' training for all new employees
- OJT Supervisor/Certifier on A320 (CFM & V2500) aircraft
- A320 certifier as required on the aircraft (within previously defined and agreed locations/timescales)
- Regular recorded feedback on trainee progress
- Point of contact for new starters with regards to training issues
- Financial accountability, externally and internally