16 days ago
Network Manager – Tigerair
At Tigerair, we fly people not just planes and we know that having the right people on board at team Tigerair is critical to achieving our goal of becoming Australia’s number one choice for value air travel.
About this role
Our extended family at Tigerair are searching for a Network Manager to join their team! Reporting to the Commercial Director, this role will play an integral role in delivering the growth plans we have for our airline as well as assessing new market opportunities and translating these into a schedule that delivers on customer requirements.
Please note that this role is based at the Tigerair offices in Tullamarine, Melbourne.
What you’ll be involved in day to day:
* Being a key influencer in driving the strategic direction of the business at network level;
* Utilising projected network revenue as a key decision driver in relation to network evolution;
* Keeping a constant eye on network, crew productivity and wider Commercial targets;
* Liaising with airport slot coordinators in order to improve/ acquire existing/ new slots ensuring optimal product offering;
* Undertaking robust schedule evaluation processes that ensure a seamless process and minimal customer disruption, thus mitigating risk of reduced customer advocacy through non-delivery of product;
* Taking a forward-looking approach to market trends, adopt a thought leader position in relation to network, using competitor comparisons and revenue metrics as key decision maker tools;
* Being a key stakeholder of airport negotiations to represent the Commercial needs of the business;
* Supporting the Commercial Director in order to drive the wider Commercial agenda;
* Working closely with the Commercial team in particular the Head of Commercial Performance and the Manager, Revenue Management and Pricing in order to develop best practice network planning tools and methodologies;
* Working with the Virgin Australia Network Management team to optimise the group network;
* Balancing multiple viewpoints across the Tiger business (such as Operations, Crewing, Ground Services) in order to drive Commercial objectives; and
* Managing the Schedule Analyst and provides direction and leadership in relation to schedule design; Supports and leads the Schedule Analyst in managing the airline’s slot portfolio.
What you’ll need:
* University degree in a numerical discipline or Aviation Management;
* Solid Network Planning experience;
* Understanding of the Australian market (essential);
* Demonstrated ability to show innovation and ability to drive change;
* Extensive leadership skills;
* Strong communication and negotiation skills;
* Analytical thinker with strong data analysis skills;
* Strong attention to detail; and
* Well-developed decision making skills.
Be sure to register your interest in this opportunity via the application form below. For further information, please view the position description below.