Pratt & Whitney Canada Customer Service Centre Europe GmbH (CSC) is an aerospace Joint Venture Company between Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) and MTU Maintenance Berlin-Brandenburg (MTU) providing overhaul and repair services, customer support and spare engine sales to operators of P&WC products within Europe, Africa and the Middle East. We add value by leveraging the services and relationships of both partners in providing integrated solutions to delight our customers.
We are currently establishing independent engine support capabilities based in Toulouse (France) and require a Mobile Field Technician to support our new operation. Your primary job function will be to provide mobile field support to Pratt & Whitney Canada Customers in the respective location. This will include dispatch to customer facilities at a moment notice. You will undertake repairs on Pratt & Whitney Canada aircraft engines - up to and including Hot Section Inspection and Line Maintenance.
As well as hands-on engine support, this role requires that you project manage each engine, from initial contact with the customer, through to generation of commercial and technical reports in accordance with work performed. Initial training will be undertaken at Pratt & Whitney Canada (UK), Pratt & Whitney Engine Services West Virginia and/or Montreal in Canada.
· Ensure all technical documentation has been correctly completed prior to commencement of work. Maintain and complete work files and relevant documentation.
· Build engines to defined standard ensuring fit, clearance and modification levels are accurate using appropriate P&WC hand tools and measuring equipment.
· Ensure that all necessary attempts are made to carry out repairs which can be performed at the customer’s facility or on-wing/deck. Engine removal should be regarded as the last resort.
· Be aware of the commercial aspects of the work requirements, constantly seek improvements to turn-time and cost reductions and negotiate with the customer as appropriate.
· Generation of accurate cost estimates and technical reports as required. Advise the customer of any escalation in cost.
· Generation of invoices and final technical reports in accordance with work performed.
· Generate good customer communication and issue regular status for in house work as necessary.
A time-served aviation engineer – ideally with engine assembly and component machining capability - you will have at least 5 years’ experience of working within a similar environment, along with the proven ability to negotiate with customers and the knowledge and experience of the commercial aspects of aviation disciplines. You should have a goal-oriented approach to work and enjoy working independently.
Please send your application including full CV, relevant certificates and your salary expectations.