about 1 month ago
MFTS Flight Simulator Engineer - RAF Valley
Specific Job Description
To work with a team of technicians, using electronic, mechanical and computer skills to support and maintain simulators and training systems. Systems will include host computers, visual systems, displays, computer networks and associated devices.
Must be able to perform fault isolation and repair, pre/post -flight, operational checks, and preventive maintenance on simulators and training systems. Must report and document all maintenance actions related to simulator support as required and comply with all site safety and security policies and procedures. Will be required to establish and maintain courteous relationships with all military and civilian personnel relating to the program.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
Shift work details
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin UK Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) is a leading provider of training and logistics support for military customers. RMS is a key partner in delivering the Military Flying Training Service (MFTS). This role is located at RAF Valley in Anglesey in support of MFTS Basic Flight Training (BFT) to Military students. Normal business will involve maintaining the simulators during the core working day however, there may be a requirement to extend the working day and therefore the role may involve an element of shift work.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Proficient in understanding Elec / Mech schematics diagrams
* Proficient in the use of and practical knowledge of workshop hand tools
* Knowledgeable and proficient in the use of test equipment e.g. – DVM, AVO, Oscilloscope.
* Must have experience of soldering components to pcbs and within electrical assemblies
* Good level of understanding of computer hardware and software
* Good verbal and written communication essential
* Good level of software skills to support tasking
* Must demonstrate good team skills and have experience of successfully working in a team
* Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements required for access to classified information
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Previous experience as a simulator technician or in a similar role
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.