Mechanical Senior Supervisor - Typhoon Experience
- Management of all Mechanical maintenance, modification embodiment, STOs, Sis, unscheduled work and repairs for all Typhoon aircraft undergoing 500FH maintenance within SMU.
- Management and Supervision of all Mechanical personnel within SMU.
- May be required to work and supervise outside normal boundaries. Such working is subject to the requirements of the SMU Quality System.
- May be required to provide support and supervision to the RSAF Typhoon Operations away from SMU.
- Responsible for training and mentoring activities in respect of RSAF Trainees
- Plan and coordinate, in consultation with the SMU Maintenance Manager, Aircraft Team Leader, the aircraft Mechanical requirements.
- Prioritise tasks in liaison with the SMU Maintenance Manager, Aircraft Team Leader and other Senior Supervisors.
- Highlight to the SMU Maintenance Manager, Aircraft Team Leader and other Senior Supervisors, any issues likely to impact the aircraft programme.
- First stage/Mandatory certification of completed maintenance, modification, or repairs carried out by the Mechanical team.
- Ensure timely and accurate information is supplied when submitting technical queries.
- Works within the requirements of the SMU Quality System and RSAF Technical Orders.
- Ensuring that personnel allocated to tasks have the required authorisations and skills to complete the tasks in a timely manner.
- Limiting the requirement for overtime by effective planning and the use of flexi-time.
- Takes the appropriate action to address any poor performance, highlighted by inspectors or supervisors, by members of the Mechanical team.
- When necessary, take appropriate action for the resolution of any disciplinary matters for any members of the Mechanical team.
- Has responsibility, within his scope of delegated authority, for ensuring the personnel he is supervising, have the necessary knowledge, skills and authorisations to carry out allocated tasks and ensure that that task is completed iaw RSAF TOs/publications, any approved data and the SMU Quality system.
- Provides a level of direct supervision to personnel appropriate to their skills and competency to ensure that Engineering standards are maintained to the required quality standards.
- Investigates and provides reports on technical issues and accident/incident events of both Customer product and personnel.
- Ensures an effective house-keeping programme is maintained.
- Ensures that sound maintenance practices and documentation procedures are followed at all times.
- Before delegating any task, ensures all personnel are duly authorised and certified to accomplish the task.
- Ascertains that pre use checks are carried out as required, on the equipment used in the task he is supervising.
- Ensures accurate demands for replacement components/parts are placed asap.
- Monitors the forecast date for demands and in liaison with the SMU Maintenance Manager. Aircraft Team Leader and other Supervisors places on the ‘critical list’ any that are likely to impact the programme.
- Ascertains whether serviceable and calibrated test equipment is available for the planned tasks, and if not informs the SMU Maintenance Manager.
- Must be educated to HND level or recognised equivalent or have relevant experience supported by formal, recorded workplace applied related training.
- Must have completed a recognised aircraft engineering apprenticeship in industry/military or similar qualification in aircraft or ground support systems.
- Familiar with RSAF Engineering paperwork processes.
- Must have post qualification experience of military fast jet maintenance support, at Senior Supervisor/Manager level within an operational military flying environment and proven ability to manage all levels of engineering personnel.
- Must have previous Typhoon experience within the Mechanical Trade supported by formal ‘Q’ annotation.
- High level of interpersonal skill to co-ordinate a number of activities and the ability to communicate, influence and direct decision making.
- Skilled in the use of the MS Suite of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, power point)
- Knowledge of BAE Systems certification and qualification procedures, RSAF maintenance procedures and practices and SMU contractual obligations.
- An understanding of engineering operating procedures.
- Completion of a Typhoon Mechanical Maintenance course.
- Experience of working in the aviation industry in a Gulf Coast Country preferred.
- Experience in using DMS/IMS/ESS.
- Experience is using Trilogiview.
- Successful completion of a metal fabrication and structural repair course.
- The ability to act upon his own initiative within the scope of his job.
- A conscientious approach to work and meticulous attention to detail.
- A track record of meeting strict deadlines without compromising standards and quality.
Expatriate Employee Benefits
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation, with access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed.
On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
Saudi National Employee Benefits
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including a generous leave and travel allowance, a full health care scheme and access to subsidised recreational facilities
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.