Exciting PERMANENT Mechanical Inspector position!!!
Due to a large UK expansion our aviation client urgently requires an experienced Mechanical Inspector for their new site on the south coast of England.
The Mechanical Inspector will be responsible for ensuring all products are inspected as planned, to prevent and eliminate non-conforming products.
Purpose of Role:
- The Mechanical Inspector will be responsible for ALL products are inspected at the planned operation stages to prevent non-conforming products, including First Off, Goods in and Goods Out, Intermediate, FAIR/FAR and Finals.
- Ensure all product manufacturing is conducted defect free first time, reducing detection at final stages of manufacture.
- Ensure where unavoidable errors occur they are detected during the manufacturing process and not at the pre-treatment or final inspection procedure.
- Support the manufacturing process and ensure production is not delayed.
- To uphold company policies as documented in the Business Strategy.
- To ensure correct practice, legalities and responsibilities in respect of product and quality systems assurance are maintained.
- To identify, in good time, all non-conforming products.
- To initiate, manage and document all corrective actions to ensure preventative action is effective and production management is not compromised.
- To ensure product non conformity is communicated to the production staff and not returned to the production staff for correction which includes liaison with non-conforming areas and departments (workshop, manufacturing, suppliers)
- To monitor performance of all direct manufacturing operatives in respect of quality and recommend training, or corrective action as appropriate to secure sales and performance objectives.
- To ensure accurate and timely information and data is made available to the Quality Manger for Business System/Key Metric management data entry as applicable.
- Manage the FAIR process in accordance with the applicable procedure.
- All inspection activity.
- Ensure all FAIR products are inspected for conformity during manufacturing at each operation with recorded dimensions.
- Conduct visual and physical inspection activity on the workshop as daily routine (patrol).
- To support all Inspection activity when requested.
- To support specific customer quality requirements in respect of inspection when requested.
- To engage the support of the Engineering or Commercial Manger or manufacturing engineers in respect of product manufacture, the Quality Manager in respect of Quality Systems and the Planning Engineers in respect of processing documentation.
- Use FIFO or production scheduling/prioritising.
Measures of Performance:
- Product delivered defect free to customer to internal metrics/targets
- The effective implementation of continuous improvement initiatives where ownership is assigned (5C in inspection department)
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.