Our client is looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to make their mark on a broad and varied range of Aviation power conversion products.
This role is a key player in supporting the definition of the complete engineering mechanical solution, bring together the integration of contributions from all other engineering disciplines - including hardware, software, safety, and manufacturing.
The ability to work on projects from initial concept stage, developing the concepts through to final production is a key requirement. Alongside this, the ability to successfully interface with 3rd parties (for example: suppliers, industry experts, Universities, Customers) to understand how to realise a final product is also a major requirement for the role.
Above all, this is the ideal role for a self-starting engineer who wants to work on exciting projects and make a difference. The role will require experience in structural and thermal analysis for the Aerospace Industry, with ability to solve complex technical problems.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
* Responsibility for the specification compliance of mechanical designs. Experience in the design and manufacture of sheet metal enclosures. Proficient user of Creo Elements 3D CAD/CAM/CAE solid modelling software
* Proven thermal analysis knowledge
* Proven stress analysis knowledge
* Experience in interpretation of customer specs and end use environments
* Ability to develop concepts efficiently from limited or vague customer requirements and communicate potential solutions.
* Good problem solving skills, willing to take ownership as well as positively contributing within cross-functional teams.
* Good communication skills. Ability to tailor communications to level and audience at all levels.
* Work with Customers to develop the technical requirements and then manage these requirements through the product development
* Understands the principles of 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
* Experience working in the Aviation/Aerospace industry.
* Experience in designing products to reliably operate in aerospace conditions. (vibration, shock, acceleration, temperature and environment)
Desired Skills / Experience:
* Knowledge of designing to ARINC 404 or 600 specification
* Stress analysis
* Knowledge of FloEFD 3D Computational Fluid Dynamics analysis software
* Experience managing design and analysis sub-contract would be an advantage.
* Proven team leadership in Product Developments.
* BSc in Mechanical Engineering
* A Chartered Engineer or working towards becoming Chartered.