Our client is looking for experienced Mechanical Design Engineers that are proficient in Unigraphics NX Code. You will need to have general Design knowledge and be able to deal with early concept design through to detailed designs. Nuclear industry experience is preferable, they would look at Oil and Gas and automotive to an extent.
Ideally, you will have familiarity with transportation of hazardous materials within the Nuclear Industry. They need people who have dealt with designs that require thinking outside the box and designing from scratch.
You will need a minimum 5-10 years design experience.
NOTE: You will need a full SC in place at the time of application in order to be considered for this role.
- A track record of delivering engineering solutions against specific customer requirements to time cost and quality constraints.
To exhibit sound engineering principles including:
- Design for manufacture.
- Design for assembly and maintenance.
- Concurrent engineering.
- Health and Safety.
- Environmental awareness.
- Lessons Learnt.
- AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office and Unigraphics/NX proficient
- The ability to present design solutions to all project stakeholders in a series of gated design reviews to demonstrate that all key requirements have been satisfactorily addressed.
- Team working.
- Decision making.
- Problem solving.
- Interpersonal and Communication skills â€" written and spoken.
- Mechanism design.
- Project planning.
- Production of technical documentation.
- Configuration control.
- Awareness of Carriage of Dangerous Goods regulations
- Awareness of transport safety justification requirements for large transport containers and to demonstrate compliance and the licensing process with relevant UK legislation
- Knowledge of safety justification requirements for nuclear applications and demonstration of compliance with relevant UK legislation
Protocol associated with nuclear applications, including:
- Loose article control.
- Material compatibility.
- Working restrictions
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Membership of relevant professional body.