Mechanical Design Engineer
Randstad Engineering are currently recruiting on belhalf of our Defence client based in Farnham, Surrey. We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to provide technical direction and decision making in support of project delivery.
This is for a permanent role working within a small engineering team in Farnham, Surrey. It is a varied
role that includes product design and support.
- Innovative, Creative and Open Minded
- A Team Player
- A Current User of AutoCAD Inventor Professional 2016 (or later) 3D CAD
- Able to follow the design process through from concept to realisation
- Working to Tight Deadlines
- Production of manufacturing packs and detail drawings
- Able to Perform Design Review Presentations
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
- Independent but also work well within a team
- Able to work on own initiative but seek advice when required, receive advice when offered
- Familiar with electronic packaging technology
- Familiar with 19" rack mounted design
- Able to look at ideas and solutions, accept them, adapt them, improve them and progress them
- Able to assess risks weigh up cost, schedule and benefit - they must be accountable for their decisions
- Able to design to manufacture and produce accurate detailed drawings, concise and clear to BS8888
- Experienced in manufacturing processes - design for sheet metal fabrication, machining from solid, high pressure die casting, composite manufacture and plastic prototyping process
- Experienced in producing manufacturing packs and solutions and able to present and hand over to other team members or team disciplines
- Flexible and adaptable and able to work within a small team jumping from project to project with varied work
- Able to meet strict deadlines, react quickly and be comfortable with working extra hours on occasion in order to meet those deadlines
- Dynamic and not afraid to make suggestions
- Design for high and low volume production
- Design for multiple manufacturing processes, including machining & sheet metal fabrication
- Design for manufacture and assembly
- Design for harsh environments
- Able to Select Appropriate Finishes
- Understanding of Anti Vibration and Shock
- Understanding of EMC Design
- Understanding of Ergonomics and Human Factors
- Utilising Rapid Prototyping
- Able to Write Design Specifications
- Able to Liaise with Customers & suppliers
- Create and maintain BoMs
- Able to Liaise with other Departments
- Hands on practical workshop experience
- Able to contribute to writing Business Processes
Due to the nature of the buisness you must have been born in the United Kingdom and have a UK passport.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.