Mechanical Design Engineer
Exciting New Mechanical Design Engineer position!!!
Our aviation client based in Gosport, who is a market leader in manufacturing, repairing, commercial and military aircraft are currently looking for a permanent Mechanical Design Engineer to join their expanding team.
Working as part of a multidiscipline team comprising permanent and contract staff and external suppliers you will play a key role in a growing team of aeromechanical and electrical/avionic designers in support of projects requiring the design, manufacture and install of aircraft modifications across both military and civil domains.
You will be responsible for the production of design schemes, accurate models, assemblies and production drawings following design office processes and procedures as part of delivering cost effective reliable products.
- The design of mechanical subsystems and assemblies in support of aircraft modification programmes across a wide variety of fixed and rotary wing platforms;
- Conduct of aircraft/platform surveys to generate baseline data for design;
- Support Customer meetings to elicit engineering requirements and discuss options for design solutions;
- Produce inputs into estimates for design activities in support of bids to Customers;
- Use of Autodesk Inventor software to produce accurate models, assemblies and production drawings following design office processes and procedures, including providing mechanical design support to the electrical design team as required;
- Production of clear and comprehensive instructions for quality and production of designed components;
- Provide calculations to qualify the design decisions you have made in support of certification activities;
- Work with production and supplier teams to ensure designs can be manufactured to meet cost and time constraints;
- Support procurement teams in generating comprehensive component/subsystem specifications and standard Bills of Materials including the selection of commonly used materials and fasteners;
- Assist in solving production problems and participating in test and evaluation activities including the design of safe, appropriate and cost effective test techniques.
Core Skills: These are relating to practical competencies within the role e.g. (Technical knowledge etc)Essential:
- Experienced user of AutoCad, Autodesk Inventor, CATIA or similar design package;
- Knowledge/experience of aerospace manufacturing techniques and processes (including composites);
- Thorough understanding of document and drawing control requirements and mechanisms;
- Experienced MS Office User;
- Understanding of DAOS, EASA Part 21 and MAA MRP requirements (particularly MRP 5000 Series);
- Understanding of and experience in meeting EASA CS-29 and CS-27 and UK Defence Standard 00-970 design requirements;
- Understanding of and experience in meeting EASA CS-23/25 requirements;
- Recognised aviation apprenticeship and educated to a minimum of ONC in an appropriate engineering discipline;
- Possess or able to gain UK MoD SC clearance;
- Engineering degree in Aeronautical Engineering or closely related discipline;
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.