Exciting new permanent opportunity for a Materials Manager based at London Stansted airport.
As Materials Manger you will be responsible for the repair management and procurement of aircraft parts, materials and tooling to support aircraft operations, ensure lean standards are adhered to, and efficient and cost-effective measures are utilised.
- Manage the provision of all aircraft parts and material required for defect rectification ensuring effective communication is maintained with the Department Manager
- Ensure the production of daily defect status reports and, in the absence of the Materials Manager, attend a daily weekday meeting to report component status.
- Procure all other aircraft parts and materials to support line, base and heavy check maintenance operations with an emphasis towards cost effective on-time procurement solutions
- Ensure all procurement is carried out in a lean, efficient and cost-effective manner, ensuring adherence to overstocking and obsolescence policies
- Make recommendations based on historical usage and essentiality to the aircraft operation of reduced or increased minimum stock levels ensuring overstocking and obsolescence is avoided
- Provide feedback to the Materials Manager concerning supplier performance issues
- Deal with and monitor all Critical and AOG shipments to ensure they move point to point as quickly and cost effectively as possible
- Liaise with Planning with MCC concerning the procurement of aircraft components and material for planned maintenance. Ensure the department is aware of planned maintenance activity and associated timeframes to be met
- Raise and progress all Purchase, Loan, Exchange and Repair orders, ensuring compliance with the company policy on Approved Suppliers
- Approve and input repair and calibration quotations ensuring cost of repair and repair warranty is analysed against procuring a replacement with suitable warranty terms at fair market value
- Analysis of any component declared Beyond Economical Repair (BER) to determine if the component should be replaced, held until a repair is required or redirected to another repair station for further analysis
- Be able to demonstrate cost saving initiatives
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.