4 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The Materials and Planning Leader will lead a multi-functional team including Short Term/Medium/Long Term, Production control, inventory Leader, Warehouse leaders and Project planners.
* Manage cross-functional, fully integrated planning process that incorporates make versus buy, Sales & Operating plan and capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, material and associated planning elements.
* Set strategic direction for planning and scheduling activities within the organization.
* Ability to coach and define clear goals, motivate, engage team members energy and expertise to achieve the results
* Manage Long Term Plan analysis of customer demand, sales forecasts and historical material usage to develop and execute on-time in an Engineering to Order environment optimizing the working capital to deliver orders on time
* Establish and implement methods and best practices related to ERP systems and process that support inventory levels and material requirement planning (MRP)
* Manage the inventory counts accuracy by implementing and managing process, in conjunction with Finance, an inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
* Ability to anticipate important or critical events, identifying resource requirements and assigning responsibility for specific work, including deadlines and performance expectations.
System, Controls & KPIs
* Manage materials reports and controls by collecting, analysing and summarizing information and trends, using information in a proactive way to mitigate and communicate potential late deliveries.
* Establish and manage production scheduling activities by monitoring material inventories, tracking progress of production and reviewing factors that affect schedules.
* Achieves financial objectives (OP) by working with management group to prepare the materials budget, schedule expenditures, analyse variances and initiate corrective actions.
* Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent knowledge and experience.
* Experience in Supply Chain Management
* Leadership ability including working in a matrix environment.
* ERP Oracle/SAP expertise
* Excellent problem-solving skills, sound judgment, initiative and creativity.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing, and organizational skills.
* Individual must be a self-starter, creative and clear thinker.
* Green Belt certified
* Fluent in English
* Experience of flexible pipe planning
* APICS CPIM / CSCP / CLTD certifications
* Must have a flexible approach to the workload
* Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Black belt
* Experience leading LEAN initiatives
* Fluent in Portuguese
Locations: United Kingdom; Newcastle-upon-Tyne
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.