Morson are recruiting for a Materials Support Officer to work for our well recognised Aerospace client based in Somerset.
This is going to initially be a 6 month contract, with a high possibility to be extended.
Co-ordinate the flow of material to support any Overseas Build Lines.
To liaise with internal and external customers and suppliers to advise on progress of activities with a view to minimising lead times and achieving on-time delivery.
Establish regular reviews to monitor, identify, report on, and mitigate risk, escalating issues as required.
Deputise for Material Co-ordination manager - Overseas Supplies when required.
- Identify when kits are in a sufficiently complete status to allow them to be kitted and shipped to overseas build Lines.
- Identify available shortage parts for withdrawal and despatch.
- Liaise with the Stores to provide a forward work-load view.
- Produce Delivery Conﬁguration Reports, to accompany shipments of off-site supplies.
- Liaise with the stores kitting team to assist in the resolution of any kitting queries.
- To receive and action urgent enquiries from Overseas Build Lines.
- In order achieve the customer's requirements to liaise with your stakeholders I.E MRP/Manufacturing.
- Engineering / Stores to ensure that any issues with regard to the timely delivery or configuration of materials are resolved. Escalating to line management as required.
- Work cohesively with stakeholders i.e. shipping Department/Programme Management/ off Site Packers to provide the required level of service.
- Co-ordinate the Repair and Overhaul of parts returned from Overseas Build Lines.
- Raise Sales Orders.
- Return repairs and warranties (including reversing transactions, raising QN's and expediting parts through the Warehouse and the Shipping Process).
- Annotate ITAR numbers onto documentation.
- Ensure Commercial Orders are raised in response to requests from the Overseas Build Lines.
- To manage the team who identify when kits are in a sufficiently complete status to allow them to be kitted and shipped to Overseas Build Lines.
- Update live data exchange using of folders, including the population of invoice amounts.
- Inform the Manager of any potential shipping problems as well action taken so far.
- Ensure that despatches are made to satisfy Customer Requirements in the most timely and cost effective way.
- Maintain records of all material despatched to Overseas Build Lines on a regular basis.
- Locate and control all records of deliveries made to Overseas Build Lines.
- Maintain and update all local Key Performance Indicator records.
- Be aware of shipping arrangements, including ITAR requirements, incoterms, requirement for export licences, end user statements and the impact of these on supply of equipment to and from Client in Somerset and Client in Italy.
- Work alongside specialists to research avenues of change to existing technologies and processes where that change might prove advantageous to the business in the development of new, or improvement of existing products and processes.
- Identify areas of risk and develop and implement risk mitigation plans in support of business needs.
- Communicate known risk to customers/stakeholders and identify those mitigation/improvement plans in support of risk management activities utilising resources across the business where appropriate.
- Ensure and maintain accuracy of data used to support operational planning across the business.
- Support initiatives to continuously improve processes, products, and services.
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A sound educational background and experience within a material supply, procurement / commercial or manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working across I within functional teams and across cultural and language boundaries.
- Have proven experience in managing key suppliers to achieve high levels of business satisfaction and confidence in their ability to meet business requirements.
- Will be required to work within a rapidly changing environment, and will need to demonstrate agility in thinking in order to balance a significant number of variables before reaching an informed decision on supply issues.
- Possess inﬂuencing skills, have proven negotiation skills and leadership acumen to ensure delivery of outputs and product in or from areas where you have no direct authority.
- Possess good communication skills (written and verbal) and be capable of operating at senior levels within both company and supplier organisations.
- Ability to work using own initiative, without assistance.
- Will possess a good knowledge of materials and inventory management to understand the flow of materials and to understand the effects your actions have on customer requirements.
- A sound understanding of the structure of purchase orders and intercompany trading
- Computer literate in company standard software including SAP, Business Warehouse and e-business.
- Able to manipulate Excel spreadsheets to obtain data in various filtered formats
- A working knowledge of the supply of drawings.
- An understanding of Client shipping arrangements including incoterms, export licences, end user statements and lTAR's.
- A working knowledge of the Supply Chain Management Process Manual (SCMPM) and the Company Operating System
- Able and willing to travel alone or as part of a team within the UK and overseas.
Please apply for further details.