Employment type: Permanent
Employment basis: Full Time
Salary: Dependent on experience
Standard Hours: 40 hours per week, from 08:00 to 4:30, Monday to Friday
Closing date: 21 October 2016
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Material Manager to join Britten-Norman Aircraft, producer of one of the most successful civil aircraft ever manufactured in the UK.
This role is based at our Bembridge premises.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of Material Planners/Buyer and stores people to ensure the efficient and cost-effective acquisition of materials and parts. The Materials Manager will direct the team to achieve full material availability in accordance with the build plan/delivery schedule.
- On a day to day basis the Material Manager's primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Leading a team of Material Planners/Buyer and stores personnel to ensure the supply of raw materials in to production and the timely dispatch of manufactured products.
- Providing the primary point of contact for suppliers and manage relationships to ensure that the supply of products and/or material is delivered in accordance with contractual terms and the production schedule.
- Preparing and authorising purchase requisitions in accordance with standard operating procedures and delegated authorities including sourcing, creating specifications and contracting with suppliers.
- Measuring supplier performance and manage late supplier delivery.
- Identifying and engaging with new suppliers via tendering and RFI and RFQ exercises as required.
Key skills and attributes:
- Excellent leadership qualities
- Effective time management/planning.
- Excellent Influencing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to understand technical data including drawings.
- Ability to network and build relationships with a wide range of contacts.
- Ability to manage and analyse information.
- Strong Interpersonal skills and able to present confidently to internal & external customers and suppliers.
- Very good IT skills and in particular Microsoft excel as they may need to design and run reports.
- Willing to be hands on as we are a Small to Medium Size Enterprise (SME).
Minimum qualifications requirements:
5 GCSEs at Grade C or above.
- A proven track record in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of leading a team of people.
- Experience or background in Component purchasing.
- Experience in the Aerospace industry.
- Understanding of ERP systems.
- Experience of working within a multi-site operation.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, subject to the successful completion of the Company's Security Clearance process and satisfactory references.
To be considered for this role, you must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
If you wish to apply for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter demonstrating your suitability for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
We recommend that applications are made as early as possible. Interviewing will be undertaken progressively as suitable candidates arise.