4 months ago
Maritime Combat Systems Engineer
Specific Job Description
The Maritime Combat Systems Engineer will be responsible for all Combat System engineering aspects for new business and development programmes. Specific tasks will include:
* Providing support to the System Architect in development and design of Martime Combat Systems
* Requirements assessment and management.
* Support to System Architects in development of system solutions.
* Design of allocated segments of system, technical impact assessment and control.
* Presentation at internal and independent design/study reviews.
* Technical risk assessment and reduction, including assessment of TPMs and TRLs.
* Technical input to programme management and cost estimation teams.
* Generation and maintenance of specifications and interface control data for internal, procured and customer-furnished subsystems.
* Subsystem-related interaction with potential and actual customers.
* Support to selection, subcontract technical oversight and liaison with suppliers and other technical agencies.
* Conduct of acceptance off-contract from suppliers.
* Support to system integration and platform installation .
* Technical input to training, ILS and sustainment activities.
* Planning and control of own work and of any assigned engineering team.
* Conduct of operational analysis and performance of Concept and Assessment Phase design studies on behalf of internal/external customers.
* Support to the conduct of internal and customer-funded research and development studies.
* Support to development of Systems Architecture and Technology Roadmaps. Assessment of existing Systems, modified or new Systems and embodiment of COTS/MOTS solutions.
* Preparation and delivery of proposal material.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission Systems Integrated Systems (RMS IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Extensive knowledge of Maritime Combat Systems and associated subsystems and their interfaces
* Proven experience of the design and integration of Maritime Combat Systems
* Previous Maritime Systems Engineering experience
* Working knowledge of associated defence and IMO Standards including DEF STAN 21-13 and NES 10-13
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in an Engineering related discipline
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.