3 months ago
Maritime Chief Engineer
Specific Job Description [JP]
The Maritime Chief Engineer will lead technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. They will ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. They will perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications as required.
The Maritime Chief Engineer must be a champion of teamwork and foster a team environment that encourages ownership and accountability across the functional membership.
The Maritime Chief Engineer will report to Maritime Systems Engineering Manager and is responsible for :
* Overall technical responsibility for all the Maritime Programmes
* Being the Design Authority and LM UKIS technical design signatory
* Provide leadership and guidance to the technical team in delivering complex technical electronic maritime solutions.
* Responsible for the full development lifecycle from concept to in-service
* Sell-off of all requirements across all Engineering functions
* Liaising and coordinating with all internal and external stakeholder to ensure all technical aspects of the programme are met.
* Chairing/attending various maritime working groups and technical interchange meetings
* Chairing technical design reviews e.g. SRR, SDR, PDR , CDR and PRR.
* Providing technical leadership to PMs, Subcontract PMs other functions including ILS, Installation, QA and other technical functions.
* Owning maritime engineering technical deliverables including supplier SDRLs and Customer CDRLs
* Acting as LM UKIS senior technical point of contact with all MoD stakeholders
* The Maritime Chief Engineer will be required to support new maritime business opportunities
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Business Environment [JP]
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission Systems Integrated Systems (RMS IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
The Military Solutions Business Area is responsible for a number of programmes across a diverse range of customers in the Defence (Maritime, Surveillance and Sustainment) market sectors. This is a growing business environment with a number of existing programmes with follow-on work and new capture opportunities.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience [JP]
* Proven experience in leading the delivery of complex technical solutions in the maritime military domain
* Detailed knowledge and experience of Maritime electronic systems e.g. Navigation, RADAR, ESM, Communications etc.
* Extensive experience of working with Maritime military and IMO standards
* Proven system engineering team leadership experience
Desired skills, qualifications and experience [JP]
* Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise resources to react to operational requirements.
* Proven inter-personal and technical skills and must be able to work within a small technical team and provide technical expertise and leadership when required.
* Self-starting and capable of working effectively without day to day supervision under only general direction. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
* Strong customer and end user focus and capable of readily interpreting and influencing Customer thinking.
* Capable of formulating of proposal plans / schedules, development effort and cost estimates.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.