My client are large Aerospace company based in the North West are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join there vibrant team.
Within this role you will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day activities of assembly, test and development departments, by carrying out defined work or projects within the New Product Introduction (NPI) team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· You will be required to follow an individual work plan and taking part in daily meetings to assess short-term objectives, resolve issues through immediate action or progress short to medium-term planning.
· Develop manufacturing processes for NPI, documenting process changes, driving process / fixture improvements, driving lead and cycle time improvements, Cost of Quality (COQ) and Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) actions.
· Define investment and expense needs, from preparation of approvals to completion.
· Participate in LEAN initiative and engage Six Sigma tools for process improvements.
· Develop and implement process improvements to reduce costs and cycles
· Design necessary fixtures and tooling for manufacturing NPIs and process improvements.
· Manage multiple projects by providing scheduling, resource management, budget control and EHS compliance
· Implement productivity actions in order to improve the process and comply with objectives.
· Participate in EHS related actions, to improve safety
· Lead and effectively interact with manufacturing, design, sales and other support teams to complete projects and meet EHS, production, quality, cost savings and new product development goals within schedule and budget.
· Interact with vendors and internal contacts in an effective manner to ensure that the technical and EHS perspective is properly conveyed.
· Ensure that all manufacturing designs, processes and technical data are complete and accurately documented to provide an accurate technical/ historical base for future reference and to meet customer/ end user requirements.
· Completion of any work related tasks, which would be deemed reasonable of this role.
Job Requirements, Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Proven experience of the manufacture (Assembly & Test) of hydro-mechanical equipment and products
· An in-depth knowledge of production (Assembly & Test) processes, methods procedures, systems & equipment
· Experience in the use of CAD package an advantage
· Ability to bring new ideas and positive support to the current process
· Educated to Engineering Degree or HND/ HNC level, with a suitable level of experience.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.