Manager Safety and Compliance Flight Operations
Our client, an all-cargo airline based at Stansted Airport have a permanent opportunity for a Manager Safety and Compliance Flight Operations.
The Manager Safety and Compliance Flight Operations will coordinate the day to day running of the Safety Management System (SMS) in relation to the Flight Operations department both internally and externally.
Internal work includes the coordination of, and in some cases the investigation of safety reports, coordination of safety issues with other internal departments, coordination with the UK-CAA on Flight Operations safety issues and the initial/recurrent training of staff on the effective application of the SMS (philosophy, policy, procedures and tools).
The Position may be either a full time office position or combined with a flying position. If the position is a combined, the primary responsibility will be the Safety and Compliance role.
* Managing the day to day Safety Management System for Flight Operations;
* Facilitate the risk management processed for Flight Operations including, at least, hazard identification, risk assessment and risk mitigation;
* Monitor any corrective actions assigned or required in order to ensure accomplishment;
* Develop and maintain the regulatory audit program for the AOC;
* Plan and accomplish station and other required audits;
* Provide periodic reports on safety performance to the SAG and SRB meetings;
* Maintain Flight Operations Safety documentation;
* Plan and organize initial and recurrent staff safety training;
* Liaising with the Flight Safety Pilot on FDM matters;
* Liaising with the Head of OCC and DFO on Fatigue related matters;
* Provide independent advice on safety matters;
* Advise Senior Managers on safety matters;
* Assist Line Managers, Flight Crew and other staff on safety matters;
* Represent company to the UK-CAA, other authorities and organizations;
* Attend conferences and training programs that add value to the company Flight Operations SMS;
* Develop relationships with the Safety and Compliance Departments of Suppliers, Customers and Business Partners;
* Oversee hazard identification systems; and
* Be involved in occurrence/accident investigations.
Successful candidates will have at least 5 years of relative experience in European Commercial Aviation Safety and/or Compliance Management. A successful candidate will have:
* Safety and/or Compliance experience, training or education under EASA-OPS requirements;
* Commercial Flight Crew experience under an EU AOC;
* management experience;
* proven people and leadership skills.
It is preferred that the candidate fulfill one or more of the following:
* 747-400F Flight Crew experience (Captain or First Officer);
* Flight Crew Experience in Cargo Operations;
* Flight Crew Experience in Long Haul Operations.
For combination with a Flying Position the candidate must meet the experience levels for the position applied for (Captain or First Officer).