VHR is currently searching for Manager - Health, Safety and Environment for our Client in the UAE.
Successful candidate will be responsible for planning, directing and managing the health, safety, environment (HSE) programs and activities throughout the Company. Reviews and incorporates regional and international standards and ensures compliance with existing regulations related to employee health, safety and the environment.
Promotes, communicates and trains HSE principles and concepts incorporating industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Manage employee and business needs for Client - Health, Safety, Environment & Fire Protection programs, developing programs, strategies and action plans to ensure compliance with ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, Local, Federal and International rules and guidelines.
- Manage and implement a compliant HSE Risk Management program.
- Independently and in cooperation with other departments promote and cultivate HSE-consciousness amongst employees, developing awareness campaigns, training programs and communications materials, highlighting organizational HSE values.
- Develop, monitor and control HSE budget.
- Direct the development and revision of HSE manual, process, and procedures. Ensure relevant authorities approvals are maintained and obtained when necessary.
- Develop and evaluate plans, criteria for a variety of Safety, Health and Fire safety projects and programs.
- Investigate and respond to HSE issues and incidents/accidents, conduct root cause analysis and develop comprehensive preventive recommendations.
- Prepare and review reports as part of the process of monitoring and communicating HSE performance results.
- Conduct audits, surveillance and performance surveys to ensure compliance to relevant HSE standards and regulations.
- Act as liaison between the company and relevant authorities to ensure the periodic submission of the company HSE performance reports as required by relevant authorities.
- Develop a HSE data base program, measure data categories, KPIs and trends to evaluate company HSE performance and create containment plans.
- Represent the company in external HSE related workshops and conferences.
Section budget accountability: Yes
Direct reports: 4 direct reports
Indirect reports: Approx. 50 (Departments safety reps/volunteers)
Qualification & Education:
Training & Knowledge:
VHR is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.