8 months ago
Position: Manager Catering
Location: Mumbai-Head Office
Qualification: Any Graduate
Age: 24 - 45 Years
Key Requirement for the Position -
Job Description Position : Manager - Catering
Business/Function : Catering
Department : IFS
Reporting to : G.M. Inflight Services
Qualifications : Master’s In Business Administrations/Operations/Hospitality/Aviation Mgt.
Desirable : Hotel Management Graduate OR
Relevant Experience (Type of roles & duration which an individual should have done in his/her prior experience to be detailed)
Necessary : 14 years
Desirable : 15/17 years
1. Spear head the entire buy on board catering ancillary business for GoAir as planned by the ownership
2. Responsible for overall catering/store operations across the network.
3. Ensure that ‘On Time Performance’ of Go Air flights is never compromised upon due catering operations.
4. Ensure that the quality checks are conducted by the Catering Team as per required standards.
5. Ensure airline equipment is handed over to the caterer and inventory of items on defined frequencies.
6. Ensure that all complaints/Flight Report issues are taken up, addressed and communicated back to the concerned department as and when required.
7. Liaise with Go Air stakeholders light In Flight, OCC, Dispatch, APS, IT and other relevant departments as and when required.
8. Provide caterers with required information to enable seamless operations at all times.
9. Ensure that instructions passed on from HO are implemented as required.
10. Maintain cordial relations with caterer at all times and ensure that all Go Air concerns are addressed and resolved within required timelines.
11. Efficient handling of the team members in terms of efficiency, productivity and discipline.
12. Ensure that team members are trained on all aspects relevant to efficient operations of the base.
13. Liaise with caterer/vendor for efficient delivery of products.
14. Ensure billing to GoAir is done accurately.
• Plan and Execute the Catering requirements for International Operations.
• Tie up with Catering Partners, Catering Units in all International
• Tie up with Customs and Other regulatory requirements for International catering.
A. Ancillary Revenue
• Complete responsibility for formulating & implementing the Inflight BOB business strategy to achieve standards, sales & profit objectives as well as customer satisfaction
• Plan all the inflight buy on board strategies, participate in tenders to achieve the desired target ASP & KPI within the set budget
• Periodical analysis of various trends in catering business, various risks & adequate control mechanism are in place to minimize risk.
B. Competencies Proficiency Level Core Competencies:
• Good Leadership and Managerial Skills
• Good written and spoken English.
• Project Management Skills
C. Business/Function/Technical-specific Competencies:
• F & B knowledge pertaining to Airline Catering.
• Galley Planning.
• Par Stock Calculation.
• Inventory Taking.
• Computer Skills.
• Food hygiene.
• Assertiveness & Managerial Skills.
• Problem solving and quick decision making skills.
• Good Communication Skills.
• Good Soft Skills.
• Good Analysing skills.