About the Job
The Manager Cargo Network Operations – ORAT is responsible for leading all tasks related to new station startups, vendor transition and business transformation. You will be responsible for ensuring that projects deliverable's are assigned to the appropriate process owners and achieved, as per the required project specification and timeline.
You will work in coordination with regional operations teams, contracts and procurement departments. You will be responsible for a successful implementation of a defined operational readiness program, from planning phase, through to operational readiness and launch.
- Ensure Qatar Airways (QR) Cargo business objectives are clearly identified and defined in all cargo handling agreements.
- Develop and standardize business transformation project framework; encompassing : Station startups/business /vendor transitions – standardize procedures and checklist, technical evaluation and project plan.
- You will define all required facilities, systems, procedures and staffing requirements for the cargo handling operations.
- You will be responsible to review the design and specification of facilities , infrastructure, systems and overall service competencies of service providers (GHAs or local QR management teams) and provide recommendation for the required enhancements.
- You will be a subject matter expert for sourcing and contracting of operational services providers, with support from the contracts departments.
- Define the scope, operational requirements and operational performance levels, and for seeking approvals by the Senior Manager Cargo Operations.
- You will support AD-hoc projects as needed and directed by the leadership of the department.
- Partner with local stations leadership to identify top performing business partners for QR cargo (GHA), facilitate the required technical assessments, evaluate and summarise findings, and submit to the leadership teams to review and approve.
- Liaise with procurement and contracts team to ensure operational objectives are clearly defined, itemised, integrated and measured in the RFP, RFQ evaluations, and the subsequent handling agreements.
- Lead local teams to ensure readiness (GHA and QR staff) for station startups, vendor transition, facility transition and/or business transformation.
- You will be responsible to facilitate the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) or Local Operating Procedures and ensure review of these within his/her department. You will ensure alignment with other departments and airport stakeholders such as Safety and Security.
- Manage. Lead and empower staff to ensure operational needs and performance levels are met or exceeded.
Operational Safety :
- You will ensure that employees at all levels understand work health and safety requirements and expectations through provision of relevant QR group induction, information, instruction, training and supervision.
- You will ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environment management policies, procedures and control across the operations to assure safety, security, legislative compliance and delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
You will have a minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and have 8 years of industry experience (Airline/GHA). You will ideally have a proven track record in airline cargo operations project management with preferably 3 years of management experience. You must come with proven expertise in combined ground operations and freighter operations.
You will be a strong communicator and have the ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment. You will have the management ability to delegate work, set clear directions and motivate a team for continuous success, while having the capability to present to senior management level through regular reporting. You will have good audit understanding and measurement management capabilities and sound safety and security knowledge.