1. Provide leadership coaching and support to ASDM's and their teams maintaining a close link to our frontline staff, emphasizing development, dedication, quality and attention to detail in everything we do.
2. Accountable to Senior Manager – Airports Services Dubai for all aspects of service in the baggage and baggage services are and for the entire transfer process above or below wing. This includes OTP contribution for baggage and transfer functions.
3. Responsible for maintaining excellent working relationship with key stakeholders at DXB including Head of Police/Customs/Immigration/Terminal Operations.
4. Represent flydubai at Dubai Airport working groups and stakeholder meetings. Document key information and capture updates and ensure these are cascaded to the relevant stakeholders
5. Manage own time according to operational need, ensuring all areas of the operation are performing optimality.
6. Design and lead the implementation of the departmental plan for delivery of the company's operating strategy
7. Provide comprehensive reporting to Senior Manager – Airport Services Dubai
8. Communicate and enforce safety regulations. Make sure work areas are safe and take responsibility for hazards.
9. Manage and monitor costs in your area of responsibility, both at station overhead level and in terms of spend with dnata and other stakeholders for service provided.
10. Ability to provide leadership through example to in house teams and those of dnata , driving high levels of motivation for all staff that interact with and provide service to our customers.
11. Acts as an evangelist for staff engagement supporting individual development and progression for team members in flydubai and dnata dedicated staff who respond to our service challenge
12. Able to resolve challenges with innovative, performance focussed, cost sensitive solutions through structured approach to problem solving
13. Ensures constant sharing of best practice and cohesion with Manager for Landside Ops and Manager Airside and Ramp Operations.
14. Provide a success-focussed operating platform to the Senior Operating Manager on shift proactively addressing issues before they arise.
15. Develop succession plan for the future growth of the organisation, recognising and harnessing talent internally
16. Deputise for the Senior Manager or other Operational Manager as required and requested.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• College degree or equivalent
• Minimum 8 years experience in management.
Knowledge / Skills
• A broad general understanding of all aspects of airline operations, particularly hub and spoke model, with an understanding of how other major functions interact with Airport Services.
• Service based experience in a recognised brand organisation that is customer centric and have experience of leading a large team in a complex, performance focussed operation.
Certificate / License required
• Relevant IATA certification
• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
• Business Acumen
• Inspiring & Developing others
• Decision Making