29 days ago
Reporting to the North Asia Regional Director of Safety & Flight Operations, this position manages the IATA-CAAC Liaison Desk operations and liaises between operation control centers of member airlines and the related CAAC air traffic operation facilities on daily basis. The position will be located at IATA North Asia Regional Office in Beijing, and coordinates directly with the Air Traffic Control (ATC) unites on behalf of IATA.
1. Coordinate with member airlines on the Traffic Management Initiatives (TMI) being taken by CAAC/ATMB and acts on member airlines behalf with CAAC/ATMB;
2. Ensure the critical information, including the Calculated Take Off Time (CTOT), Massive Delay Response System (MDRS) warnings, etc., be delivered to the airlines;
3. Response to member airlines inquiries concerning the TMIs, special requests and other member airlines requests in a timely manner.
4. Prepare summary report, post-operation analysis and data statistics on regular and non-regular basis, to find better way for mitigating delays.
5. Persuade CAAC to simplify the working procedures/process and provide convenience and assistance for international flights in case of routes/flight levels closure.
6. Engages in national Airspace Management (ASM) /Air Traffic Flow Management (ATFM) Collaborative Decision Making (CDM) process including the tele-conference held daily by CAAC facilities;
7. Review the outcome of the daily ASM, ATFM, and CDM process to determine the effects on member airlines operations, communicate with member airlines accordingly and promptly;
8. Any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the North Asia Regional Director of Safety & Flight Operations.
Qualifications and Skills
1. University degree or equivalent qualification in air navigation related subject or equivalent professional experience;
2. Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese;
3. Proficient in report writing and use of computer, particularly Word, Excel;
4. At least 10 years of working experience in ATC, ATFM or airlines flight operations/flight dispatching. Knowledge and experience of CAAC/ATMB HQ ATC operations is preferred;
5. Good knowledge on ATC, ATFM, A-CDM procedures and airlines operations;
6. High level of drive and energy, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to cope with workload peaks. Demonstrate initiative and ability to work autonomously and independently. Accommodate variable work hours and schedules;
7. Good communication, organizational and managerial skills, ability to deal with member airlines at a technical and operational level with a positive approach to problem solving.
At the heart of IATA are our Values and Behaviors. We all have different personalities, styles and areas of expertise, but you’ll recognize us by the consistent way we act and behave in line with our Values and Behaviors. We are looking for people who bring them to life in everything they do – they are:
* Act with integrity and uphold our standards
* Think strategically in support of the global big picture
* Partner and manage to create high performing teams
* Putting people first by acting with a simple human touch
Here at IATA we are proud of being a Diverse & Inclusive Organization – we have people from all over the world working in our offices, and we extend this to our recruiting practices. We are a meritocratic organization and an equal opportunity employer.