Panasonic Avionics is the market leader in the world of In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC), offering sophisticated products and unparalleled service levels to deliver industry leading in-flight entertainment through video, audio, games, software applications and telecommunications.
Our success is built upon our cutting-edge technology and outstanding customer service, driven by our corporate heritage and as we enter an exciting period of rapid global expansion to support new business, we are seeking a Maintenance Services Representative, Lead to join our new operation in Lisbon, Portugal
As a Maintenance Services Representative, Lead you will perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations to Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) In-flight Entertainment Systems on aircraft subjected to FAA/EASA Part 121 & 145 to include: troubleshooting and testing of electronic assemblies and units, the removal and replacement of electronic assemblies, units or cabling while installed in the aircraft and the modification/alteration of installed equipment.
As a Maintenance Services Representative, Lead your duties will include:
- Assist in developing a work schedule that incorporates the needs of the customer and Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) and provide a monthly update by the fifth of the following month.
- Lead line technicians as they perform their duties.
- Schedule line technician's daily maintenance activities.
Aircraft/IFE Maintenance and Support
- Perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations to PAC IFE Systems on aircraft subject to EASA Part 121, & 145.
- Perform troubleshooting and testing of electronic assemblies and units, and the removal and replacement of electronic assemblies, units or cabling while installed in the aircraft.
- Build customer satisfaction through identification, tracking, reporting, and successfully overcome all technical issues for assigned airlines using networked communication systems.
- Be a strong customer advocate inside Panasonic Avionics to help engineers and management understand and appreciate the customer's views and negotiation points.
- Technically support the customer as a liaison between line operations and PAC departments.
- Aggressively contribute to the resolution of all in-fleet problems, assisting the efforts of affected support and engineering organizations within PAC.
- Develop and maintain a thorough and accurate knowledge of all PAC products, testers, harnesses, and associated equipment. Requires that employee maintain knowledge of product revisions and modifications.
- Perform daily data entry tasks and administrative duties.
- Operate as the local trainer on the PAC IFE SYSTEM.
Your skills/ qualifications:
- Must have experience working in as an IFE Maintenance Engineer.
- Must hold an EASA A, B1 and or B2 ( station specific)
- Airline maintenance operations and 24/7 technical support experience highly desired.
- Current and valid driver’s license required.
- May require both international and domestic travel, up to 25% of time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others.
- Advanced background and knowledge of electronics and troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education combined with two years of related industry experience.
- Ability to work in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
- Consistently works on moderately complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Makes recommendations for new procedures.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.
- As a highly skilled specialist, contributes to the development of concepts and techniques. Completes complex tasks in creative and effective ways.