Maintenance, Repair and Imports Manager
Our client based in North London have a fantastic permanent opportunity for a Maintenance, Repair and Imports Manager to oversee the management of customer repairs, core repairs, and stock repairs, whilst supporting the sales team with repair status and technical backup, as well as ensuring all the import documentation is submitted and logged accordingly.
So, is this you?
- Excellent administrative skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate effectively at all levels, both verbal and written
- Professional, confident and courteous telephone manner
- Ability to work under pressure and manage time effectively
- Excellent IT and organisational skills with an intermediate knowledge/understanding of Word, Excel, Outlook
- Flexible and adaptable, self-motivated and a desire to succeed
- Relevant experience in the aerospace industry, ideally gained with a stockist, MRO provider or workshop.
If you can answer 'yes' to the above, we would love to hear from you!
As a Maintenance, Repair and Imports Manager you will:
- Liaise with the Commercial team regarding component status and customer order requirements
- Address and resolving sales department repair queries e.g.; modifications, turn times etc.
- Provide information to the Commercial team regarding component modifications and interchange ability
- Log quotes, quote review, approval and negotiation in line with set budgets
- Source and obtaining pricing from (Maintenance Repair Organisation) MRO workshops for items requiring repair.
- Updating the company system and associated spreadsheets with status of repairs
- Progressing repair orders and updating Quantum accordingly
- Performing to KPI's
- Ensure the condition and modification of core repairs are the same as provide to the customer
- Manage warranty repairs
- Communicate with suppliers regarding MRO activity
- Negotiation with repair and overhaul vendors
- Provide status updates for customer managed repairs
- Quote customers for repairs, overhauls and modifications
The role of a Maintenance, Repair and Imports Manager is to:
- Enter Customs Clearance instructions in accordance with company procedures
- Approve of invoices in accordance with company procedures
- Understand IPC's, alternative part numbers and aircraft affectivity
- Evaluate the company's historical data, market intelligence and repair work scope to determine the component economical repair value
- Recharging incurred duty charges to customer where applicable
- Liaise and work with internal departments to ensure order, work scope, airworthiness and service level compliance
- Filing the entries in an organised manner
- Experience using Quantum ERP by component Control
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.