MAINTENANCE MANAGER (ROTARY)
SALARY DoE + BENEFITS
Specialist Aviation Services (SAS) is one of the leading emergency services aerospace companies providing all facets of air support to Air Ambulance and Police operators, both in the UK and overseas.
The Maintenance Manager (MM) is responsible for a team of engineers, based at the company’s Headquarters at Staverton and at various bases in the field. Operating Monday to Friday the MM will in conjunction with his/her team deliver all base maintenance support for the company’s fleet, including supporting other approved Field Maintenance Facilities.
As the nominated EASA Part 145 Form 4 holder the MM will ensure all maintenance is carried out in accordance with the approved maintenance programmes and generated work scopes, company procedures and policies, whilst maintaining the safety and quality of the product.
The MM is responsible for the continued airworthiness of all equipment retained within the company’s role equipment store and the ground support equipment holding. All work conducted within the companies workshops will be controlled by the MM and will be completed in accordance with the companies’ approvals.
- Be the nominated EASA Part 145 Form 4 holder.
- Ensure the Discipline and Welfare of his subordinates. Maintaining and promoting the Company Policies and Procedures
- Planning, in conjunction with the Maintenance Planner, to ensure sufficient numbers of staff are available to complete the base maintenance within the given timescales.
- Controlling all Engineering Documentation, including the return of all documentation to Technical Records. Ensuring quality control of all Work Packs and Tech Log Pages.
- Co-ordination of engineering Company approvals in conjunction with the FMM and Quality Department; including assessment of Aircrew and other non-technical staff for Part-145 Authorisations.
- Maintaining Base Maintenance stock control, in conjunction with the Head of Purchasing, Including the pre-provisioning of spares necessary to complete planned maintenance and control of AOG spares when un-serviceability’s dictate
- Ensuring all personnel within the area of operation, observe the Hazardous Waste Procedures; reporting concerns or non-conformances to the Quality Department.
- Monitoring defects and identifying any repetitive trends, reporting occurrences to the Director of Engineering and Director of Compliance for feedback to the necessary OEM’s.
- In conjunction with the CAMO, maintain all Base Airworthiness publications under their control, ensuring all revisions are completed within the necessary timescales.
- Ensure the necessary Ground Support/Test Equipment is maintained and calibrated to complete all maintenance tasks. When required by the introduction of new maintenance tasks, ensure all tooling is available.
- Co-Ordinate in conjunction with the FMM, Head of Purchasing and the relevant Base Engineer, any tooling required to complete tasks. Ensuring equipment is issued from Staverton and shipped appropriately to meet the requirements.
- Attending meetings
- A strong maintenance related technical knowledge of rotary aircraft airframe/engine systems
- A strong working knowledge of the regulations and requirements associated with aircraft maintenance
- Good Health & Safety and human factors awareness.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic Academic Qualifications with apprenticeship or armed forces training
- Licence(s) appropriate to helicopter types operated including a C rating.
- Previous supervisory / Management experience
In order to apply for the above position please submit your CV or you can apply via our Careers page on our Company website