4 months ago
Gate Gourmet is the world's largest independent provider of catering services for airlines and are the core business behind gategroup, whose eleven associated brands offer customers a comprehensive scope of products and services for virtually any on-board need. We provide more than 200 million meals a year to our 270-plus customers at some 120 airport locations around the globe.
As Maintenance Engineer, you will be required to support the Facilities and Maintenance team in delivering reactive and planned repairs/servicing for the unit’s facilities and equipment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Delivery of planned, routine & reactive maintenance to all building plant, equipment and systems, to meet and exceed expectations, and agreed Service Level Agreements
* Where equipment cannot be repaired in the first instance, make a safe temporary repair and report back to Supervisor with recommended course of action
* Test and Inspection of BMS Systems; diagnose faults where appropriate and manage the necessary repair
* Performance and support to minor works activities
* Assist other trades in completion of multi-disciplinary works
* Respond to Building Management System alarms, and effect emergency repairs as needed
* Ensure the issue and appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems and Safe Systems of Work
* Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of plant
* Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are kept in the form of the FM system updates
* Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices
* Ensure that engineering sub-contractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, site operating processes, and issue appropriate permits when necessary – support when required
* Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required
* Ensure a professional image is presented to clients and visitors, and ensure excellence in customer service is delivered and promoted at all times
* Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning
* Embrace technology enhancements with regard to hand held devices to update maintenance systems
* Drive efficiencies and best ways of working by being leading by example.
* To develop a good working relationship with all employee.
* Preferred Electrical or Mechanical Engineering NVQ Level 3 or above
* Desirable experience of a facilities/maintenance related role in a factory environment
* Proven track record of good customer service and customer interaction is required
* Preferable experience of working on large machines such as air-flight dishwashers
* Outstanding communication skills with all levels of employees
* Experience of working in a team and on own initiatives
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
* Must have a demonstrable background in a Maintenance environment
* Knowledge of industrial dishwashing equipment an advantage
* Authorised Person: HV/LV Training Course
* C&G 17th Edition an advantage
* Knowledge on how to service/test of systems of highly specialised equipment
* 3 Phase electrical supplies knowledge
* Strong and effective communication skills
* Alarm systems - fire, fridge etc
* UPS backup systems experience preferable
* BMS System experience
* Ability to work Shifts / flexible timings (when required due to business requirements)
Working as part of a dedicated and passionate team of people you will be rewarded with free meals whilst on shift, free on-site parking and free uniform. We offer various training and development opportunities to our employees as we are committed to your sucess.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK, undertake a CRC (Criminal Record Check) and provide 5 years of checkable referencing history.
If you share our values of excellence, passion, integrity and accountability, dont miss out on this opportunity to join our team. Apply TODAY.
gategroup Competencies Required to be Successful in the Job:
Information Search and analysis & problem resolution skills
Understanding others, Team Leadership and Developing People
Influencing and building relationships, Motivating and Inspiring, Communicating effectively
Delivering business results under pressure, Championing Performance Improvement and Customer Focus
Demonstrated Values to be Successful in the Position
Employees at gategroup are expected to live our Values of Excellence, Integrity, Passion and Accountability. To demonstrate these Values, we expect to observe the following from everyone:
* We treat each other with respect and we act with integrity
* We communicate and keep each other informed
* We put our heads together to problem solve and deliver excellence as a team
* We have passion for our work and we pay attention to the little details
* We foster an environment of accountability, take responsibility for our actions and learn from our mistakes
* We do what we say we will do, when we say we are going to do it
* We care about our coworkers, always taking an opportunity to make someone’s day better
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the job being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. gategroup reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Candidates may be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
gategroup – an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to workforce diversity and actively encourage all qualified persons to seek employment with us, including, but not limited to, racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.