Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 25 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Role: Logistics Executive
Salary: £17,000-£23,000 Negotiable for the perfect candidate!
Location: West Sussex
Own Transport is essential due to the location of the office.
Our client is a global provider of aircraft component services. They now require a Logistics Executive on a permanent basis.
To work as part of the Logistics team to ensure that all shipments are handled in accordance with company procedures and meet all operational requirements. Provide a high quality of service to all customers and departments in all aspects of the Logistics function 7 days a week.
- Process shipments to and from global customers and suppliers
- Recognise and react to the urgency of customer orders including AOG, IOR, and routine shipments ensuring all turnaround times are met.
- Negotiate the most cost effective shipment method. (If required)
- Ensure accurate paperwork completion as per customers and country specific requirements.
- Obtain relevant shipments details to complete paperwork requirements including AWB & Export declaration.
- Adhere to all import and export procedures and controls with particular awareness of Export Control Legislation.
- Recognise and organise hazardous and heavyweight shipments in accordance with shipping constraints
- Aim to resolve difficult queries / shipments and the commitment to see through to completion.
- Liaise with internal departments as the nature of the specific task may require
- Assist the AOG Support Team /Logistics Department with all tasks as required
- Any other duties as requested
- Background in Administration essential
- Preferably previous working experience in a Logistics/shipping environment
- Knowledge of Export and Import procedures and controls
- Problem solving ability
- Numerate, accurate with the ability to meet deadlines
- Analytical thinking and reporting skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to work in a busy environment
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, verbal and written
- Strong organisation, time management and administration skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage workloads
- Professional and courteous telephone manner
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work 12 hours day shift on a 4on/4off basis.
- Use initiative and common sense
- Excellent computer literacy, highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook with some experience of Quantum an advantage
- Performance driven with the desire to succeed
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Donna Bettiss at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency