Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Role: Logistics Controller
Our Client - A well known regional Airline
Purpose of the Job:
Primary role to run and maintain an effective airside and off site Aviation Stores based London City Airport. Support also required for out-stations and aircraft maintenance inputs across the network.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To run and maintain an effective airside Aviation Stores which will include the following
- Update and maintain the stock data within the MRO system.
- Effectively manage stock as well as Third Party on site stock, responsible for Third Party stock providers.
- Ensure compliance with Engineering Policy, Statutory Airworthiness requirements, Safety Standards, Company Standing Instructions and Health and Safety Legislation.
- Adhere to Third Party Component Suppliers Logistic procedures, ensuring compliance with supplier’s procedures.
- Manage and control life limits of stock and tooling, utilising MRO system, for materials and tooling which have a shelf life expiry, need to monitor these expiry dates and remove from stock as required.
- Maintain effective communication with Materials Control including providing constant relay component change information to Materials Control.
- Adhere to aircraft parts Goods Receiving practises, i.e. inspection and part number verification, to ensure all parts are received in relevant condition and comply with the supplier’s paperwork.
- Adhere to aircraft parts despatching practises, i.e. correct documentation and packaging.
- Carry out regular on site stock checks, utilising MRO system, to ensure stock levels are correctly maintained.
- Ensure deliveries and collections are correctly accounted for and all relevant receipt and despatch paperwork is filed accordingly.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment & Assist with any other ad-hoc tasks or project
- Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative, without supervision
- Demonstrate good attention to detail
- Flexible to undertake regular travel to other locations as required
- Ability to analyse data (ie: stock checking)
- Ability to use MS Office and MRO system
- Resilient with the ability to work accurately under pressure
- Ability to deal with people at all levels across the organisation
- Aviation Logistics – on the job experience
- Dangerous Goods awareness
- Previous experience in the use of inventory management system
- Previous experience of working to Company & third party procedures
- Previous experience of working with Aviation Security for Goods In & Out
- Proven Inventory Control experience
- Knowledge of airport security
- Knowledge of statutory airworthiness regulations
- Awareness of Health and Safety rules and regulations
- Minimum Grade C GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Hold a clean valid driving licence
- Current Dangerous Goods by Air / Road Qualified
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Carla Olliver at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency