20 days ago
Loads & Aeroelastics Engineer (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
For Airbus in Hamburg within Engineering, Gust Loads & Aeroelastics department, we are looking for an Loads & Aeroelastics Engineer (m/f).
Tasks & accountabilities
The team is responsible for providing Dynamic Models for Dynamic Response analysis for all Airbus aircrafts. The jobholder focuses on System and Structure Failure Case Loads for sizing the primary structure of the aircraft and for certification according to EASA and FAA requirements.
The jobholder contributes to the optimization of Airbus products global design in all design phases in terms of Gust Loads and Oscillatory Failure Case analysis.
The main activities with regards to the Gust Loads and Aeroelastics (L & A) deliverables are as follows:
1. Collects and analyzes requirements of new and existing aircraft from L & A internal customers regarding Gust Loads and Oscillatory Failure Case Analysis.
2. Is responsible for the definition of the technical approach, the definition of data and the applied tools
3. Delivers Gust Loads and Oscillatory Failure Case Analysis according to time, cost and quality considering certification rules and philosophies
4. Keeps a close link to his/her customer
5. Ensures a good technical documentation by writing technical reports, delivery notes etc.
6. Promotes process and method improvements through methods & tools and research & technology projects
7. Responsible for defining subcontracting work packages by clear definition of requirements and monitoring of subcontractors on a technical basis
As the successful candidate you are able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent
* Scientific experience in dynamic loads is mandatory
* Mathematical modelling of dynamic systems (e.g. flight control systems) or design of linear and non-linear controllers
* Basic knowledge in the tools Unix Scripting and Matlab is a prerequisite
* Knowledge in Finite Element Modelling (FORTRAN, Python) is favorable
* Ability to work in a team
* Strong communication and influencing skills to network and work with different interfaces
* Assertiveness and problem solving
* Structured and pro-active way of working
* Negotiation level of English and German language are required