3 months ago
Jetstar has a unique culture that stems from our core brand values of being safe and responsible, being efficient, having a consistently can-do attitude, working as one team, being passionate about enjoyment and genuinely caring. Our values underpin the way we work.
We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled. We encourage all our employees to use their different perspectives, talent, skill and experience.
Based out of Auckland, the Line Maintenance Manager will fill an integral role in the management of the daily operation of the Auckland and Rarotonga Jetstar Engineering Line Stations and oversight of Engineering performance in New Zealand, as well as providing support to the New Zealand Regional Maintenance Manager for the ongoing safety and compliance of people and operations.
Reporting to Regional Maintenance Manager – New Zealand your main responsibilities include:
• Monitor and review departmental OHS performance.
• Investigate and review serious incidents and assist in implementation of corrective actions.
• Demonstrate commitment and leadership to OHS by participating in meetings, inspections and other appropriate activities.
• Ensure all staff on shift operate within the Fatigue Management Principles and mitigations are exercised and recorded where required
• Monitor and review departmental OHS performance
• Ensure that safe working practices and procedures are implemented and adhered to.
• Induct all visitors, new staff and contractors
• Ensure all hazards are made safe, reported and rectified or escalated as required and follow up on actions
• Take personal control of incidents and accidents and ensure appropriate people remain informed
• Notify NZ RMM of any show cause incidents that would require drug and alcohol screening
• Ensure Team Central for staff on shift are kept up to date and current
• Ensure that all aircraft technical documentation is completed and distributed in accordance with relevant policy and procedures
• Carry out continuous quality monitoring of documentation and procedures
• Manage aircraft schedule disruptions and recovery in consultation with MOC / ROC
• Update Duty Technical Manager and relevant stakeholders on a regular basis to ensure current information is available during disruption recovery
• Provide oversight of port rostering in conjunction with the NZ rostering administrator, including overtime management, and fatigue management within roster, ad hoc call outs, and inclusion of relevant allowances, correction and submission of shift timesheets.
• Provide oversight and approval of time and attendance system (Employee Live)
• Manage port costs and verification of expenses / invoices
• Manage direct reports including annual performance reviews in line with business KPI’s
• Ensure compliance with the MOE is achieved and help facilitate any Quality / Safety Audits
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• Demonstrate extensive experience on Line Maintenance
• Demonstrated leadership in management roles
• Detailed understanding of regulatory requirements for the JQ Part 145 MOA
• Demonstrated years of experience in a Line Maintenance environment at a management level.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within a team
• Hold a CASA form 4 capability
• Understanding of TRAX, AIRMAN, AHM, AIRNAV, ROCADE and Microsoft Office applications
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 250 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 5000 flights a week to more than 85 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 130 aircraft.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Team members have access to heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.