about 1 year ago
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Serco provides services to over 100,000 residents a waste collection, recycling and street cleansing service for Wycombe & Chiltern. This is a seven-year contract, worth more than £7 million and marks a new `joint working relationship` between the two councils`
We are currently recruiting for a permanent, full time LGV mechanic to join our workshop team, currently based at our Clay Lane workshop, Wycombe, Marlow.
- Service and maintain all fleet vehicles, plant and equipment in line with original equipment manufacturer standards
- Carry out vehicle safety inspection in line with company fleet management procedures
- Prepare and present vehicles for annual MOT testing with the aim at achieving a 1st time pass
- Completion of vehicle inspection documentation in line with company fleet management procedures
- Conduct all duties in a safe working manner in accordance with all work related COSHH assessments
- To work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Week 1 Monday to Friday 6:00am – 15:00pm (early)
- Week 2 Monday to Friday 9:00am – 18:00pm (late)
- Saturday working will be required following a bank holiday.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experience in LGV mechanical engineering
- City & Guilds Level 3 in LGV mechanical engineering or equivalent qualification is desirable
- LGV licence
- Current Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DCPC)
- Specialist skills desirable ( Pneumatic; Welding; Hydraulics: Electrical systems )
- Personal basic mechanics tool kit (spanners, sockets, screwdrivers etc
- Experience working on a municipal vehicle fleet is desirable although full training will be provided to the successful candidate
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
24 days ago
only 4 days until close
only 6 days until close