4 months ago
For our office in Berlin Tegel, Germany, we´re looking for:
Legal Counsel (m/f)
Germania Fluggsellschaft mbH is seeking candidates for an in-house legal counsel position in its Asset Management Department. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for negotiating and drafting various contracts related to aircraft, aircraft finance and aircraft maintenance. He or she will work in a small, dynamic team of legal, technical and commercial experts that is responsible for managing the company’s fleet development needs.
* Fully qualified lawyer in Germany or within the Anglo-American region
* At least 2-3 years of experience in a law firm or international company
* Must have native or near native level English and German verbal and written skills
* Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization and with external parties
* Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
* Ability to evaluate risk factors regarding commercial and legal decisions
* Ability to work independently under time pressure
* Structuring, negotiating, drafting and executing agreements including, but not limited to, the acquisition and disposal of new and used aircraft, engines and other major asset items, financing agreements and technical support agreements
* Providing timely legal counsel to senior management on a variety of legal issues;
* Advising various departments on complex legal matters including guidance on legal language and contractual obligations
* Advising on contract status, legal risks and the legal liabilities associated with a variety of contracts and transactions; and
* Managing insurance claims related to the company’s fleet.
The best candidate will
* have at least three years of experience drafting and negotiating complex legal documents in English, preferably in the aviation or transportation sector
* be able to organize and prioritize projects across various internal departments
* be able to quickly understand and become commercially aware of the company’s developing strategy on an on-going basis
* be self-motivated, comfortable working with limited supervision while supporting a collegiate atmosphere that values team players
* be able to multi-task by providing direct legal support on day-to-day matters, while simultaneously supporting high-value, business critical transactions
* have project management skills and a demonstrable ability to work under pressure according to tight timescales
* Interesting and multifaceted fields of responsibility
* Possibilities for professional development and continuous training
* Numerous discounts and employee benefits in tourism
This position is full-time and to be filled immediately. We offer an interesting and diverse job in an international environment. If this multifaceted job in a dynamic team interests you, we are looking forward to your application.
Please send your complete application documents (in MS Office, .pdf, .jpg, or .htm format) along with your yearly salary expectation and notice period availability to the .