3 months ago
Legal Counsel - Aircraft Procurement Hamburg (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Legal Counsel - Aircraft Procurement (m/f) has arisen within Airbus in Hamburg at the earliest possible start date. You will join the department Legal Affairs Airbus Operations GmbH.
Disabled applicants with equal qualification are favoured.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Under the supervision of the Head of Aircraft Procurement and in cooperation with the other lawyers of the Legal Department
* Provide the procurement teams with appropriate legal support, advice, coordination and documentation so as to ensure contractual integrity of aircraft-related procurement agreements entered into by Airbus.
Negotiation and contract management support to key projects:
* Support the drafting and negotiation of contracts, transaction documents and related legal issues in liaison with other
departments within Airbus;
* Anticipate legal issues and associated risks, provide legal advice to Procurement management during negotiations of contracts or transactions;
Risk assessment and reporting:
* Identify and evaluate liability issues deriving from contracts or transactions under negotiations or in force and ensure proper and regular information and reporting to management;
* Propose and manage mitigation or corrective actions in cooperation with the relevant departments (Procurement, Finance, Programme, Engineering);
* Build "Airbus Defense" strategy in connection with pre-litigation and litigations files (contract analysis, preparation of
counterclaims) in coordination with the Litigation Department;
* Support in a pro-active manner and in conjunction with the relevant departments, insolvency / bankruptcy situations.
* Supervise external legal counsel whenever outside expert assistance is required.
Standard Documents and Policies:
* Create new ways of working, develop best practices within Legal department for risk management and other structuring projects;
* Create and update Procurement standards contracts, tools and processes in coordination with the Contract Team and the legal colleagues based in Germany, England and Spain;
* Provide legal trainings in particular on common law to develop Legal Awareness within Procurement and other departments in liaison with Legal Academy.
You will have the following skills and experience:
* University degree as Lawyer under German law is required (ideally combined with French or English law)
* Combining solid academic background and practical experience in various areas of law in an international context, in particular
contract law, business law, intellectual property law, insolvency proceedings, pre-litigation and litigation are prerequisites
* Several years of professional experience, ideally in a law companies and/or in the industry, preferably in the aircraft business
* Solid experience in drafting, negotiation and contract law is mandatory
* Autonomous way of working combined with the ability to be team player
* Willingness to work in a remote team, as manager and team colleagues are sitting on other sites
* Able to report clearly and timely on complex issues
* Assertiveness, good listener and strong communication skills
* Ability to handle a variety of different topics in parallel
* Solid understanding of the business environment and constraints with a good ability to think strategically
* Multicultural, enjoys and is at ease interacting with people at all levels
* Good interpersonal skills
* Proactive and creative, able to anticipate problems and propose and implement pragmatic solutions to prevent or remedy such
* Negotiation level of English and German, French language skills would be a plus