3 months ago
Leading Robotics Expert/Architect (m/f)
Airbus is a leading aircraft manufacturer with the most modern and comprehensive family of airliners on the market, ranging in capacity from 100 to more than 500 seats. Airbus champions innovative technologies and offers some of the world's most fuel efficient and quiet aircraft. Airbus has sold over 13.800 aircraft to more than 360 customers worldwide. Airbus has achieved more than 8,000 deliveries since the first Airbus aircraft entered into service. Headquartered in Toulouse, France.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
We are looking for a Leading Robotics Expert/Architect to join our Industrial team in Airbus.
You will be responsible for the new robotic systems for Hamburg site, from the architecture definition and conceptual design, specification of requirements as well as realization and commissioning (including design and execution of acceptance test procedures), working with our automation specialists and world class robotics suppliers.
We will secure access to latest technology and resources as well as freedom to your creativity and competences to design and deploy new solutions. Hence, leading the introduction of robotics in fuselage production in HH, you will influence Airbus worldwide automation and robotics strategy, and will contribute to the modernization and digitalization of the company.
Tasks & accountabilities
As a Leading Robotics Expert/Architect, with your technical expertise you will:
* Be in charge of the architecture definition and integration of robotics systems in sophisticate/high precision applications like measurement-assisted-assembly and drilling-and-fastening of aircraft structures
* Specify end to end systems requirements including performance parameters, controls, communication protocols, user interfaces, programming strategy, etc.
* Develop sensors (touch, vision Systems, etc) and integrating image processing application in robotic systems
* Develop close loop system between external devices and real time robot control
* Design and deploy motion control systems, navigation system and path planner in complex applications
* Develop and implement simulations and planning, control algorithms and dynamic model for multi-link rigid-body robots (e.g., inverse kinematics, PRM), human-machine interaction application (HMI)
* Develop and implement integration of safety system to enable human and machine sharing same physical environment
* Design and perform test programme to assess all performance types of system included endurance test
* Steer trouble shooting, failure analysis and analytical thinking (Software/Hardware)
* Develop and maintain applications able to be hosted within real time embedded System (Vxworks; Linux RT), including A.I. capabilities.
For this position we are looking for candidates with the following skills and qualifications:
* Engineering degree or equivalent and proven working experience in robotics
* Solid industrial experience
* Experience of Fanuc, Kuka or Siemens Robotics and associated programming and maintaining of robot, mechatronic, artificial vision
* Offline and Online trajectory programming knowledge
* Metrology and process capabilities (SPC analysis…)
* Testing and troubleshooting: geometric, process and maintenance testing
* Field commissioning or service engineer experience would be a plus
* Innovative mind-set
* Team player
* Passion for robotics and automation
* Influencing and coaching skills
* Negotiation level in English
* Advanced level in German.