about 1 month ago
Department: Brand, Insights & Marketing Communications
Reports to: Creative Content Manager
The brand team ensures that we remain true to our brand – lighting it up at every opportunity; amplifying, enhancing and refining it across every customer and employee touchpoint. Every interaction that our customers and employees have with our brand influences their perception of it. We therefore work on a wonderfully diverse set of projects which will stimulate, challenge and reward any candidate deeply passionate about design and branding.
Under our brand promise of Life Well Travelled, we believe that travelling well is an important part of living well. As travellers ourselves, travelling well is something we instinctively understand.
Acting as Cathay Pacific’s internal creative agency, we design differentiating content and experiences that bring the Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon brands to life. We guide and produce customer and employee-facing content through photography, video, graphic design and copy; across the discplines of customer experience, marketing, digital and product design.
We are looking for a brilliant communicator to be our Lead English Copywriter. In this role, you’ll create compelling, customer-centric editorial content across multiple touch points, shaping and evolving our brand voice.
* Create clear and inspiring editorial content across various mediums, for customer experience design, branding, social media, corporate affairs, events, and more
* Provide editorial direction to in-house and commissioned writers. You must be willing to guide writing as well as write yourself
* Manage an on-going calendar of editorial projects
* Work with our transcreation agencies, copywriters and regional offices to transcreate branded editorial content and new customer experience product names
* Manage Cathay Pacific’s English glossary of terms, tone of voice and style guides, ensuring that they align with the corresponding Chinese guidelines
* Work with other teams to optimise our brand voice based on data and insights, making sure that our content resonates with target audiences and markets
* Perform content audits across the business to promote best practices
* Look for ways to improve team productivity, continually raising the bar
* Provide continuous insight into industry best practices, trends and content generation ideas
* 4+ years’ experience as an English copywriter at a creative agency, media outlet or in-house team
* Strong storyteller, capable of turning concepts into a compelling narrative
* Clear editorial vision, which can be applied to multiple channels and forms
* Creative flair, with natural alignment to Cathay Pacific’s tone of voice
* Adheres to high standards and takes pride in quality of work, with great attention to detail
* Works efficiently under deadline pressure, while maintaining high quality work
* Strong management and organisational skills. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
* Capable of working outside of office hours in response to urgent briefs
* Performance-driven, ensuring that the content produced resonates and adds value
* Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, marketing or related field preferred
* Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager an advantage
* Strong portfolio of well-crafted writing across genres and mediums
* An absolute lover of travel and all that it represents
Examples of recent projects
The following list captures some of the projects which the brand team has been involved with.
* Strategy and identity
* Development of Life Well Travelled brand promise
* Cathay Pacific logo refresh (2014)
* Cathay Dragon rebrand (2016)
* Aircraft livery design
* Pilot and cabin crew uniform accessories design
* Menu card, meal tray and service ware design
* Safety video
* Digital design
* Website and mobile apps
* Experience design
* Lounge experience design
* Employee experience design
* New joiners on-boarding
* Merchandise and collaterals
* Merchandise / product development
* Marketing and sales collaterals
You are required to submit a cover letter and a digital portfolio to be considered for this position.
Application Deadline: 19 November 2017
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.