4 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Working as part of a multi-disciplined team, the successful candidate will lead the development of cutting-edge technology for next generation of industry-leading products. The lead engineer will work with customers to understand and meet their needs, with responsibility for the entire design cycle from early concept/prototyping to verification and qualification, ensuring their designs will integrate into large and complex aircraft systems.
* Design and development for a range of power conversion modules for high reliability applications
* Provide technical leadership in area of expertise for other team members
* Execute design, analysis, and evaluation using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
* Work as parts of a multi-disciplinary team, engaging with other functions across the project team as necessary
* Document technical data consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
* Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
* Be proactive in the management of technical risk
* Relevant Degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent level of knowledge or experience
* Demonstrable experience in the specification, design, testing and integration of high power (>1kW) converters or switching power supplies
* Full lifecycle domain expertise
* Demonstrable experience in the use of PCB CAD and circuit simulation tools
* Experience in the design and specification of transformers
* Able to clearly formulate and communicate complex design concepts
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Experience in design for high voltage DC systems
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
* Development of electronics for harsh environments
* Familiarity with Mentor Graphics Expedition tool set
* Experience in the application of thermal management techniques
* Familiarity with electromagnetic analysis tools (e.g. Mentor Graphics HyperLynx)
* Experience in design for aviation or other safety critical applications
Locations: United Kingdom; Cheltenham
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.