3 months ago
IT Delivery Manager
The Delivery Manager, under the responsibility of the Business Solutions Manager, will manage the relationship with the Brussels Airlines business teams as well as with the system suppliers and this throughout the lifecycle of the IT solutions.
He/she will typically be engaged in a certain domain of the overall corporate business landscape.
The function will cover both the support of the current portfolio of IT solutions and the delivery of new solutions, ensuring herewith a seamless transition to the new products.
When necessary, he/she will also act as an escalation point, to ensure the business and operational continuity of the IT solutions.
We are currently looking for IT Delivery Managers in the following business domains: (1) Online Solutions, (2) Mobile Solutions, (3) Network & Distribution, and (4) Flight Operations & Safety
He/she builds up and maintains strong knowledge of the business organisation, processes, available system functionalities and their relationship with the underlying IT applications and interfaces
* He/she develops framework and methods to integrate new solutions within the existing IT eco-system in the most effective manner
* He/she manages – as IT partner - the day-to-day relationship with the business teams
* He/she delivers periodic reports and reviews with the business line management the general IT status, identified risks and issues, and any related cost impact.
* He/she administers the yearly IT roadmap for the concerned business domain, plans activities and delegates tasks according to the defined priorities
* He/she develops strong, mutual and professional business relationships with the external IT partners and suppliers, to drive performance and control the assigned budgets
* In co-operation with the IT Service Delivery team, he/she ensures that lean and effective support processes are set in place and regularly reviewed, and that the underlying costs are budgeted and respected
* He/she evaluates the impact of Change Requests on the existing IT environment and facilitates efficient implementations, thus avoiding negative impact on the solution stability or deviations from the defined roadmap
* He/she is able to challenge and identify flaws or improvement areas, and actively comes up with a solid recommendation for solution
Education and Experience
* Bachelor Degree in IT, or equivalent through experience
* More than 5 years of work experience in the IT sector, or in the airline business with good knowledge of the main IT processes
* Education/Work experience in other fields of the aviation/airline sector is a valuable asset
* Education/Work experience in Business Analysis, IT Project Management, or IT Service Management is an asset
* IT professional with good technical background and able to manage IT applications and services, or airline Subject Matter Expert (SME) proficient with application technical processes
* Understanding of IT architectures and/or system solution design
* Good knowledge and understanding of the total cost of ownership of assets and functions, and the ability to perform benchmarks and manage trade-offs
* Practical knowledge of IT technologies and working practices (ITIL)
* Practical knowledge of project methodology and best practices (PRINCE-2, PMI-BOK)
* Able to work with Agile models
* Excellent writing and verbal skills in English ; good verbal skills in French, Dutch or German is a valuable asset
* Strong team player and keen in building and maintaining an excellent relationship with colleagues and partners both inside and outside Brussels Airlines
* Able to show leadership by taking the role of facilitator at heart
* Innovative and pro-active attitude, flexible approach and high customer awareness
* Strong communication skills, being able to participate or facilitate a constructive dialogue, draft summary or conclusions, and make clear presentations to colleagues or management
* Analytical minded and able to consolidate or get business value from big, complex and disperse data sets
* High degree of cost awareness and able to take advantage of cost saving opportunities
* Able to perform and deliver under pressure, and capable of establishing structure, governance and processes in sometimes complex environments
* Believe that good documentation is part of every solution delivery, and writing procedures or guidelines is not the last phase in your work
* Show flexibility in supporting implemented services, once in operations