Morson are recruiting for an Inventory Controller to work for our well recognised Aerospace client based in Somerset.
This is an employed worker position, paying a competitive salary.
Having knowledge of MJDI and SAP is key for this position.
SECTION 1 - JOB PURPOSE
To control all priority and workshop demands for Merlin aircraft, ensuring all checks and controls have been completed IAW working practises before release. To act as the focal point between, squadrons, departments, ECS, ILOC, detached operations and the SLICT for all priority progression issues. To ensure PPC is operated with LH and MoD SHE requirements fully understood.
SECTION 2 - MAIN ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Vetting all priority and State Demands, completing both MoD and Industry Logistics Checks.
- Operate all IT systems relevant to the role, to include SAP, MJDI, CIETP, Oracle Discoverer MIS, VITAL, Optimiza and Dii.
- Liaise with ASCO, and the Repairables Manager (REPMAN) to ensure all 2nd Line assets are reviewed as a solution prior to the demand being submitted to the SLICT.
- Checking the ASCO/PPC awaiting Stores action area in the Air Stores Demand Electronic Record (ASDER) to ensure prompt action of state requests. Operate the replacement to ASDER if required.
- Ensure ASDER is maintained and updated with the latest supply, transport and invoice information.
- Carry out housekeeping to ensure the ASDER and MJDI demands correspond.
- Vet, place and hasten all Merlin manual demands. .
- Ensure the daily output of the Priority Progression Cell (PPC) for Merlin aircraft based at RNAS Yeovilton is maintained.
- Provide delivery forecasts to ASCO to aid decision making prior to an item being cannibalised.
- Process documentation in support of the cannibalisation process.
- Act as the point of contact for all aircraft demands for detached Merlin aircraft.
- Respond to Management issues from all Integrated Project Teams (IPTs).
- Hasten and provide delivery forecasts of spares for ASDER and priority demands to help planning of future work.
- Work within the Merlin ILOC and establish and maintain strong working relationships with all IMOS Industry Alliance and MoD Stakeholders to deliver the IMOS spares service in direct support of aircraft availability. In particular, the combined Wildcat and Merlin Support Centre, Building 310 complex IOS, SLICT and IMOS resources based at RNAS Culdrose.
- Establish good working relationships with each of the Merlin Squadrons.
- Assist in the sharing of best practices across Squadrons.
- Deputise for the Supply Logistics Lead and ASCO during periods of absence.
- Utilise existing knowledge to enhance and improve the service delivery by conducting continuous improvement evaluation of the availability process.
- Undertake any other duties as directed by LH Management.
SECTION 3 - KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Highly developed problem solving abilities and the ability to apply them in a support environment.
- Have a sound knowledge of the Customers organisation structure, processes and procedures.
- Experience of working in a defence supply chain related environment.
- Have a working knowledge of the Material Supply process from Supplier to Customer.
- Have a minimum of 10 years' experience in an engineering or logistics related subject.
- Be an excellent communicator with the ability to interface with all levels of the Authority and industry daily including the confidence to lead joint Industry / Customer / Supplier meetings and teams.
- Be PC literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Good level of GSE or GCSE in Mathematics and English.
- Be adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of a Service Delivery environment.
- Working knowledge of the company organisation and operating procedures for business, commercial, finance, technical and procurement.
SECTION 4 - DIMENSIONS
- Be prepared to attend courses for personal development or business need away from site if necessary.
- Receive mandatory and continuation training as directed.
- Carry out any other tasks within their capability and experience in support of the contract.
Please apply for further details.