17 days ago
Internship within Vibrations and Interior Acoustics
Airbus Helicopters Donauwörth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you looking for an internship? Would you like to discover the work in the development environnement? Then apply now! We look forward to you joining us as an intern (m/f) at Airbus Helicopters (35 hours/week, flexi-time).
Start: Spring / Summer 2018
Duration: 6 months
Helicopter vibrations significantly affect component structural integrity and life, instrumentation and operator comfort and control. Finite Element Modelling is one of the favorable approach that allows a physical understanding and modeling of dynamic properties such as eigenfrequencies and mode shapes. Interior acoustics is a key contributor to passenger comfort in helicopter cabins. Being able to analyse noise sources contributions and to model them is required to optimize sound-proofing treatments with limited impacts on integration, weights and costs.
Internships at Airbus
Tasks & accountabilities
* Set-up of a Finite Element Model of a H/C critical component using HyperMesh/Femap and MSC Nastran
* Perform Dynamic Analysis, e.g. Normal Modes and Frequency Response
* Correlation of simulation results with vibration test and updating of the FE Model
* Investigate design changes and impact on dynamic behaviour
* Building an acoustic HeliPAD model of H135 Helionix variant
* Applying suitable noise sources on the HeliPAD model
* Correlation of simulation results with flight test measurements and updating the HeliPAD model (sources) wherever required
* Performing different soundproofing studies with the model
* Conclusions on model representativity and sound-proofing recommendations
What do you have to bring?
* You are studying aerospace engineering, structural engineering with a major in acoustics or simulation or a similar field of study
* You have knowledge in the field of vibration and acoustics
* You have basic knowledge of typical simulation software (FE tools such as MSC Nastran, Hypermesh,...)
* You are familiar with the classic MS-Office applications
* You have a structured way of working and excellent communication skills
* You are a teamplayer with the ability to work independently
* You have a good knowledge of German and fluent English