9 months ago
Internship within Engineering: Support of Mass Estimation and Control in Bremen
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you looking for an internship? Would you like to discover the work of the Weight Engineering team? Then apply now! We look forward to you joining us as an intern (m/f) in the department of Mass Estimation and Control (35 hours/week, flexi-time).
Duration: 6 months
As an intern you will acquire an in-depth insight into the department Mass Estimation and Control, where all aircraft specific weight and centre of gravity aspects are controlled. Within this department you will be part of a weight engineering team for optimized aircraft development.
Internships at Airbus
Tasks & accountabilities
Your exciting tasks:
* Support weight and centre of gravity applications in the aircraft development process
* Assist in optimization of methods and tools for future aircraft developments
* Crosscheck CAD- and PDM data and validate this data with manufactured parts
* Derive and analyse weight models from 3D-CATIA design models
* Support other weight management tasks such as load ability aspects or mass model data
* Enrolled student within General Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Business Information Technology, Simulations/Modeling or similar field of study
* Advanced MS-Office skills (especially Excel) are required
* Basic knowledge of Visual Basic, Matlab and CATIA is appreciated
* German: Fluent
* English: Fluent
You are a good team player, have excellent communication skills, and are able to work independently.