4 months ago
International Licensing Analyst
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
* Plans and coordinates import/export activities, including the flow of traffic to/from foreign destinations, related customer service, brokerage and customs transactions.
* Maintains compliance with federal and foreign regulations governing the shipment, receipt and documentation of imported/exported products.
* Researches and resolves customer or supplier issues. Interfaces with internal and external worldwide import/export operations and organizations.
* Negotiates with foreign customers to develop handling agreements. Acts as liaison with U.S. customs representatives to resolve problems.
* Establishes requirements for license generation, guidance of the license generation and tracking process, and support of submitted licenses throughout U.S. Government review and approval process.
* Establishes, maintains and controls relations with appropriate government licensing authorities to ensure that the company's position on licensing and technology release is conveyed, understood and accepted.
* Maintains marketing contacts with both domestic and foreign civilian and military personnel, as well as customers and procurement officers.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focussing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability. With a significant percentage of LMUK Ampthill’s revenue being subcontracted to key partners and suppliers, the Sub-contracts function is fundamental to business success. We are looking for talented individuals with demonstrable experience in delivering complex, high value, critical components and services from suppliers. In return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Applying for and maintaining UK Export/ Import licences including OGELs, OIELS, and SIELS.
* Interface with UK authorities on licence applications/queries. (HMRC/BIS
* Understanding and ensuring compliance with UK Export Legislation.
* Maintain suitable procedures and records to demonstrate control of exports to meet DIT, HMRC and/or Corporate audits and other company standards.
* Play a supporting role in any DIT/HMRC/MoD audits and compliance visits, ensuring adequate preparation, training and communication within the company.
* Assist in developing processes and controls to ensure compliance is maintained throughout the business.
* Provide training, guidance and expertise to others in maintaining export compliance standards.
* Advise and communicate with various dept on export issues from the earliest commercial stage through the project lifecycle.
* Planning and arranging of import/export shipments, customs clearance and interfacing with Couriers, Freight Forwarders and other cargo handlers.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Knowledge of US International Traffic & Arms regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and Dual Use regulations.
* Experience of maintaining and coordinating of US Authorisations including Technical Assistance Agreements, Manufacturing Licence Agreements, US Licences and exemptions.
* Experience of liaising with purchasing, engineering, projects, commercial and other functions to ensure compliance to and an understanding of US ITAR, EAR and End Use requirements and other US requirements.
* Working with Business Development to ensure F680 and Exhibition clearances are in place to meet business requirements.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.